Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The mods have made it abundantly clear that it is not on to have a pop at foreign supporters because they don't go to the game. Don't you think I would if it were possible? How many times have you gotten up at 4 in the morning to watch Everton play?

I just want what's best for the club, and for me our fractured fan base will only be one again with change.
Will the mods make it clear it's not fair to have a pop at match going fans, cheese? If you did a search for this thread for 'toxic' your posts would repeatedly pop up with you having a go at the teams core fans who pay a frigging lot of their hard earned. It's insulting, hence why I'll pull you up on it unless you're trying to just do a daft wind up, and doing exactly the opposite of what you're stating you wish to do.
I lived in NZ years ago, so yeah I have got up later at night then to watch our matches. I was tired, but I wasn't cold, out of pocket or had a long journey back to my bed.
No hard feelings outside of this.

Will the mods make it clear it's not fair to have a pop at match going fans, cheese? If you did a search for this thread for 'toxic' your posts would repeatedly pop up with you having a go at the teams core fans who pay a frigging lot of their hard earned. It's insulting, hence why I'll pull you up on it unless you're trying to just do a daft wind up, and doing exactly the opposite of what you're stating you wish to do.
I lived in NZ years ago, so yeah I have got up later at night then to watch our matches. I was tired, but I wasn't cold, out of pocket or had a long journey back to my bed.
No hard feelings outside of this.

Being critical of the home support is not out of bounds IMO. I pay a lot of money primarly to watch Everton. My cable would be $60 cheaper per month if I didn't have to buy the sports package the cable company makes you buy.

Anyway, I think change is the only way forward.

In this day and age of instant gratification I do believe some 100% feel that way.
Ironically, Man Utd being a club that showed no patience with David Moyes after 1 season, and appear to be doing the same with their current Manager who may even get them into 4th the way they are going.
I wonder how much patience they would have shown with Roberto Martinez?
An interesting comparison between two clubs and comparative mindsets really.

Ironically, Man Utd being a club that showed no patience with David Moyes after 1 season, and appear to be doing the same with their current Manager who may even get them into 4th the way they are going.
I wonder how much patience they would have shown with Roberto Martinez?
An interesting comparison between two clubs and comparative mindsets really.

Moyes never stood a chance there. Martinez more than filled Moyes' shoes at least for one season.

Being critical of the home support is not out of bounds IMO. I pay a lot of money primarly to watch Everton. My cable would be $60 cheaper per month if I didn't have to buy the sports package the cable company makes you buy.

Anyway, I think change is the only way forward.
So why can't we be critical back? My internet/TV package would be cheaper without using it to watch certain away games. Not sure what your point is. I love meeting foreign blues and I'm proud of their passion, but insulting people who pay money at the ground is uncalled for. There's plenty on non-scousers and non-English that attend too. So it's not just a parochial matter- the games in general have been turd to watch for quite a while.
Change may not be the way forward, if Martinez looked like he could set up a team to defend (aware of the Chelsea match). That doesn't look likely but that's only my opinion.
I need to sleep anyhow. Two 13hr shifts got me exhausted :/

So why can't we be critical back? My internet/TV package would be cheaper without using it to watch certain away games. Not sure what your point is. I love meeting foreign blues and I'm proud of their passion, but insulting people who pay money at the ground is uncalled for. There's plenty on non-scousers and non-English that attend too. So it's not just a parochial matter- the games in general have been turd to watch for quite a while.
Change may not be the way forward, if Martinez looked like he could set up a team to defend (aware of the Chelsea match). That doesn't look likely but that's only my opinion.
Go to bed mate. Look after your health.

How so mate if I may ask?

He is saying that long term success requires an understanding that you will have ups and downs. A long term view is required.

He is also saying that the club he is talking about has a track record of giving managers time.

Finally, he is saying that too many people criticise and not enough show patience.

All of these points are so relevant he might as well have been talking about Everton.

IMO even if we win the remaining games including the Cup it really doesn't matter.

I honestly don't think we can go into next season with him at the helm.

The fans would turn at the first sign of trouble. My opinion is that changing the manager is the only way forward. He was a polarizing hire...and I for one want to praise the home support as I did after the Chelsea match.

*edit...goodnight

He is saying that long term success requires an understanding that you will have ups and downs. A long term view is required.

Everton? Tick...unlike Man Utd if Sir Alex is correct

He is also saying that the club he is talking about has a track record of giving managers time.

Everton? Tick...unlike Man Utd the last few seasons

Finally, he is saying that too many people criticise and not enough show patience.

Everton? Shown patience as a Club, and more importantly the fans towards the Club have been ridiculously patient..unlike at Man Utd.

All of these points are so relevant he might as well have been talking about Everton.

If he were saying we are the opposite of Everton I would agree ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.