Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah...it's kind of the nature of this thread really. The Out crowd struggle to give the manager any credit...even when we win.

And my statement about only caring about results and not caring how we got them, is 100% false with our fans.

You can go back through every match thread, and there is evidence to the contrary...even when we win.
I want him out , have done since xmas, have made a piont of saying he has done well every time he has done chelsea game for example, its just that he doesn't do it that often that it looks like its all one way.
If we win all are games I will say well done , but still think on balances he hasn't done a good job over the last two seasons and don't think he is the right man long term.
Hope I am proved wrong because it means we are doing well.

As I have stated on several occasions I am firmly in the 'Out' category. My reasoning is different though.

I'd prefer to have patience, but really the fans are demanding it. I guess that's the way things are in the modern instant gratification time we live in with 24 hours news cycles.

Even if we win the Cup I think we have to make a change. If we don't we will remain with a fractured fan base until he is ultimately gone.

At this point we could win all of our remaining games, including the Cup, and it wouldn't matter. The first signs of trouble would be met with the ire it has over the last two seasons. He was an incredibly polarizing hire, and when things first started to go wrong last season, it was met with folks wanting him out. I mean the negativity really has been off the charts even from the first three games in charge to the first window when we got Rom, Barry, and Del on loan. OMG...loans are not permanent signings...I must fume and be negative.

Anyway, I do not want to go into another season with the cloud of negativity that has been there even before we kicked a ball under Martinez.

I'm glad you've brought up next season mate. If Martinez is still at the helm, I foresee a meltdown before a ball is even kicked.

r-ROBERTO-MARTINEZ-BILL-KENWRIGHT-large570.jpg

"What a manager...What a manager and a remarkable man".

I feel for your minion's well-being but I'm going to have to put you to the sword again.

article-0-0048CC8A000004B0-706_154x115.jpg

Everton 2 Sunderland 2
Bill Kenwright has given his full backing to Walter Smith's troubled Goodison Park reign and assured the Everton manager that his job is safe. Mounting speculation that Smith would either quit in despair or be fired after becoming embroiled in a prolonged struggle for Premiership survival was dismissed out of hand by Kenwright after the 2-2 home draw with Sunderland.

The Everton owner broke his silence over suggestions that he was contemplating a change, with Preston's David Moyes supposedly in line to take over, and said: 'I am meant to be announcing Walter's departure, if you believe all you hear, but nothing could be further from the truth. I want to make it clear that Walter is very much the man for the job here and will still be in charge next season. I know there are a few dissenting voices among our fans, but you have to acknowledge that our injury problems this season have been without parallel.' Kenwright added: 'Walter and I speak the same language. We both know the score on finance. If I had £150million, believe me, it would be in Everton's bank account. But I haven't and we have to operate in the real world. It is easy to knock the manager, but just look at the problems he has had this season. Throughout it all, Walter has stood there to be counted. He has been honest and faced his responsibilities and I have never had any doubts that he is the right man for us.' There could be a reprieve for Paul Gascoigne who looked certain to be on his way out, with 12 months left on his agreement, after allowing his fitness to suffer during a six-month injury absence. Kenwright said: 'The final decision will rest with Walter and will be influenced by fitness levels, but it is my hope that Paul will be with us next season.' Kevin Phillips twice struck fine equalisers to force Sunderland back into the game after Idan Tal and Michael Ball, with a penalty, had put Everton ahead.

Swansea City: Marcelo Bielsa linked again - but is also touted as a contender for Everton

MARCELO Bielsa is again being linked with Swansea City.

The former Argentina and Chile boss came close to taking over at the Liberty Stadium in December only for his move to Wales to fall through late on.

But there are suggestions in Bielsa's native Argentina that the 60-year-old is ready to take a Premier League job this summer — and that Swansea is a possible destination along with Everton.

Current Swansea boss Francesco Guidolin sees his short-term deal expire at the end of the season and, though he is keen to stay, there has been no word from the club as yet about whether he will be offered a long-term contract.

bielsa4.jpg

Former Swansea boss Brendan Rodgers has been heavily linked with a return to the Liberty, and it is understood the Northern Irishman is open to the idea of coming back to the club he led into the Premier League five years ago.

Now there is speculation in South America that Bielsa could yet end up taking the reins at Swansea or at Everton, where Roberto Martinez is under some pressure after a disappointing Premier League campaign.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.c...inked-touted/story-29027461-detail/story.html

Yeah...it's kind of the nature of this thread really. The Out crowd struggle to give the manager any credit...even when we win.

And my statement about only caring about results and not caring how we got them, is 100% false with our fans.

You can go back through every match thread, and there is evidence to the contrary...even when we win.
No.... Its coz we win one then loose loads after. It's a pattern we all know. If we were able to win a few on the bounce we would believe again

Average points per season for first three seasons. Harvey 61, Kendal 57, Smith 45, Moyes 53. If Everton get 12 points from the last 9 games Martinez average would be 56.
We havnt got the 12 pionts yet,
And with the exception of Harvey, all those others took over at pretty dire times not with well established top half teams,
Even Harvey had the backbone of the successful team taken from him through tranfers and injuries.
Whats bobbys overall prem win rate by the way about 36 % and one top half finish in his prem career .

Minion logic when Dave makes a semi-rational point:

'i agree with Dave he makes a good point ye have to admit that. Sick of people on here with negativity he is building something'

Minion logic when Dave makes a complete Toblerone out of himself:

'oh Dave has got you all good, he is the WUM king, fishing expert, fight the good fight, your my hero, make love to me Dave, you can never be wrong'

... And so on and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.