Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like they're in a with a good shout at automatic promotion there.

Well in, Roberto.

Or has enough time passed that anything they go on to achieve cannot be attributed to him yet? I'm not an expert on these matters really.

Promotion from League One, yay, amazing. Maybe they didn't sink so far from mid table in the Premier League after all

I feel for your minion's well-being but I'm going to have to put you to the sword again.

article-0-0048CC8A000004B0-706_154x115.jpg

Everton 2 Sunderland 2
Bill Kenwright has given his full backing to Walter Smith's troubled Goodison Park reign and assured the Everton manager that his job is safe. Mounting speculation that Smith would either quit in despair or be fired after becoming embroiled in a prolonged struggle for Premiership survival was dismissed out of hand by Kenwright after the 2-2 home draw with Sunderland.

The Everton owner broke his silence over suggestions that he was contemplating a change, with Preston's David Moyes supposedly in line to take over, and said: 'I am meant to be announcing Walter's departure, if you believe all you hear, but nothing could be further from the truth. I want to make it clear that Walter is very much the man for the job here and will still be in charge next season. I know there are a few dissenting voices among our fans, but you have to acknowledge that our injury problems this season have been without parallel.' Kenwright added: 'Walter and I speak the same language. We both know the score on finance. If I had £150million, believe me, it would be in Everton's bank account. But I haven't and we have to operate in the real world. It is easy to knock the manager, but just look at the problems he has had this season. Throughout it all, Walter has stood there to be counted. He has been honest and faced his responsibilities and I have never had any doubts that he is the right man for us.' There could be a reprieve for Paul Gascoigne who looked certain to be on his way out, with 12 months left on his agreement, after allowing his fitness to suffer during a six-month injury absence. Kenwright said: 'The final decision will rest with Walter and will be influenced by fitness levels, but it is my hope that Paul will be with us next season.' Kevin Phillips twice struck fine equalisers to force Sunderland back into the game after Idan Tal and Michael Ball, with a penalty, had put Everton ahead.
...and then Kenwright did exactly what he said he'd do: gave Smith the following season.

Lol. I wish you'd screen your own propaganda.

6a00e0098982228833015432fe9b9f970c-800wi.jpg

As I have stated earlier, I am firmly in the Out camp because of fans like you.

We can't go into another season with a fractured fan base again.

Even if we win the Cup there will be folks (lots of them) that will immediately criticize him at the drop of a hat.

He is just too polarizing.
I think he should remain in the post so we keep fans like you onside. I mean there's far more money for the club coming in from telly clappers via TV money than match going fans paying £40 a match?

Saw this on the BBC today and thought of this thread:

"For 150 years of history it is worth having a couple of years on the quiet side of success because they will always come back and come back strong,"Ferguson told Sky Sports.

"You have to have some patience being a Manchester United fan and they have shown that over the years; in Matt Busby's time, in my time."

Ferguson added "it is dead easy to be critical" and cited injuries and the amount of summer signings as reasons for their disappointing season.

I think he should remain in the post so we keep fans like you onside. I mean there's far more money for the club coming in from telly clappers via TV money than match going fans paying £40 a match?

The mods have made it abundantly clear that it is not on to have a pop at foreign supporters because they don't go to the game. Don't you think I would if it were possible? How many times have you gotten up at 4 in the morning to watch Everton play?

I just want what's best for the club, and for me our fractured fan base will only be one again with change.

Saw this on the BBC today and thought of this thread:

"For 150 years of history it is worth having a couple of years on the quiet side of success because they will always come back and come back strong,"Ferguson told Sky Sports.

"You have to have some patience being a Manchester United fan and they have shown that over the years; in Matt Busby's time, in my time."

Ferguson added "it is dead easy to be critical" and cited injuries and the amount of summer signings as reasons for their disappointing season.
How so mate if I may ask?

Expressing that patience is required I would imagine.
Were it an Everton thread I would agree as we are a club with a great history like Utd and going through a difficult time. But in the Martinez thread? I think Sir Alex's words don't belong in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.