RIP Sir Bobby

Status
Not open for further replies.
sir bobby has died, gutted.

Really sad news. It was a fitting and timely tribute to the man that he was present at St James Park the other night for the England v Germany game in his honour. My thoughts go out to his family. RIP Bobby. :(

Last edited:
WTF really?!

we were only calling him a legend the other day on here....

Sad Sad news

So sad, a true gentleman of the game. I will miss him. Almost in tears here.

RIP Bobby, and my greatest respects to you family.

Such sad news, like Steevie mentioned so nice to see him getting the reception he got at St James Park the other night. I know he looked very ill, but would never have expected to be reading this news only a few days later.

A true hero and gent.

RIP Sir Bobby

Will always remember this moment

images

A truly sad, sad day for football. One of the most liked and respected gentlemen in the sport. Rest in Peace Sir Bobby.

So glad he got to have that special night at St. James' last week. He looked to be really moved by the reception he got. He never stopped work with his charity despite his own ill health. A true legend.

Last edited:
An all round nice guy.

The 1990 world cup did not start very well for Sir Bobby but he kept his counsel, plugged away and they started to play better as the tournament went on. His finest hour. Dignified and honourable

Such sad news, like Steevie mentioned so nice to see him getting the reception he got at St James Park the other night. I know he looked very ill, but would never have expected to be reading this news only a few days later.

A true hero and gent.

RIP Sir Bobby

RIP Sir Bobby. I was going to mention that tribute night when none of the present players (save a few real geordies) nor the Chairman turned out in tribute to a legend. I hope that the shame really hits them and their over inflated ego's.

He knew his footie and I remember once when they beat us his precise dissection of how they did it. I was really angry, but I had to acknowledge that he knew exactly what he was doing.

End of an era. Rest in peace Sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.