RIP Sir Bobby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hell of a shame seemed like a nice bloke and died as he did everything in life,with utter and complete dignity.

I'll say this now i'm not jingoistic about the england football team we're not as good as we think we are but we should have won the world cup back in 1990 but for those darn penalties it would have been ours for sure.

Those few weeks back in that summer long ago i truely felt we would win the thing and that was down,in no small part to the team Robson assembled,we sit here 19 years on from then further away from ever winnning the world cup i think now we can look back at his career and say yes the man was a true great perhaps more appreaciated abroad than he was in his homeland.

All the friendlies with Spanish teams having a minutes silence for the man. One of the few people in football who is respected and liked in equal measure by people outside the teams he managed.

Didn't know as much about him as most on here as I only really started following English football about 10 years ago but R.I.P.

he was a great man not only in football but he was a reat human being and i had the honour of meeting him twice.

im gutted and still am after hearing about his sad passing and today when i went to barnsley to watch city we had a moments applause and it was very emotional.

R.I.P.

_46143819_band_ap.jpg

Barca v LA Galaxy today.

A very apreciated person in my country. Managed Sporting and Porto.

At Sporting he was fired when he was leading the table (stupid jackass chairman at the time) to be replaced by Carlos Queiros (crap manager).

Went on to win trophies with Porto.

Still, he has always been a loved figure by the fans in general. His efforts to speak portuguese were something special.

A true gentleman.

RIP Sir Bobby.

If only more players and people in the game would follow your example and behave with dignity and integrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.