Return of Moyes atmosphere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of them will get it from me... not wasting mybreath on any of them!

Felliani will get a clap tho. Thats it

And here's me thinking when Moyes was summonsed to Ferguson's house in the Januarary while him and his wife were shoping ing the Arndale was just a missprint ! Same fella that run his contract down ensureing we got no compensation.
Deserves everything he gets. As for Fellaini...remember the Wigan cup game !

Hurling abuse at Moyes says we're angry at his "betrayal" - I, for one, am grateful - stats may say we've stayed still under Roberto - but stats don't go to Goodison every other week- He stabilised the club so others can move it forward - Moyes doesn't warrant a royal reception but won't get any abuse from me ....

Everyone in football is a slippery, self-seeking knobhead. From the players to the coaches to the Boardrooms to the journalists stealing a living from the reflected glory. Moyes is no different.

Moyes made some comments as Manchester United manager that rankled, fair enough. But once he went there he had a new audience and cannot be expected to worry about Everton's sensibilities. I, for one, will always be grateful to him for restoring Everton FC to something like respectability.

Martinez is taking it on and, as long as he is here, deserves our support. I have no doubt that he will jump ship at some point and we can all slaughter him for it.

As for Sunday, I hope Moyes receives a good, polite reception prior to kick-off - and then gets dog's abuse during the game.

Everyone in football is a slippery, self-seeking knobhead. From the players to the coaches to the Boardrooms to the journalists stealing a living from the reflected glory. Moyes is no different.

Moyes made some comments as Manchester United manager that rankled, fair enough. But once he went there he had a new audience and cannot be expected to worry about Everton's sensibilities. I, for one, will always be grateful to him for restoring Everton FC to something like respectability.

Martinez is taking it on and, as long as he is here, deserves our support. I have no doubt that he will jump ship at some point and we can all slaughter him for it.

As for Sunday, I hope Moyes receives a good, polite reception prior to kick-off - and then gets dog's abuse during the game.

Of Course they all are knobheads, some can keep that away from Newspapers and interviews though. Roberto, I'm sure he is a very arrogant man, he actually trains the players to be arrogant with their football and tell them to show more "swagger". But he does that on the pitch, not in the papers. That's the difference I feel.

Moyes comments were just too much, "Fellaini and Baines should leave Everton for the good of their careers". "We wanted to get out of their alive", "At United we play to win, not like at Everton", "taking a knife to a gunfight". etc. These were so needless. This was a man who said all this about a club who he had just left.. (prob not in the fairest way either, working for MU while still on our pay) ..and to fans who had stood by him for 12 years. Stood by when it was going bad, really bad. Consistent terrible starts to seasons, bottling it in important games. Poor subs in games when we needed it, poor tactics & of course he had his good times too, of which we tend to forget, but the bad seems to outweigh the good here! A good manager, a good stabilizer... but we were brainwashed into thinking he was better than he actually was!

Roberto will leave in time, I have no doubt though it will be done amicably! Hopefully whenever that time comes we'll continue our traditional football. School of Science football... that's what we have been given back after 20 odd years!!! Long time waiting don't ya think, too long maybe?

But Moyes was right for us at the time, he saved a sinking ship. Martinez is the one now pushing it back to where it belongs. Now we've progressed and done better, looked better. Goodison is selling out, as it should be to watch good football!! For Moyes to come back, patronize that football and take credit for it? No, he won't be getting anything from me for all of that. Not one breath or clap wasted on him. His comments spoiled all of that!!

Honestly after he is sacked by United (which no doubt whatsoever he will be within the next year), I honestly can see him something like this

Interesting one from the Telegraph;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...are-for-a-raw-reception-at-Goodison-Park.html

Everton v Manchester United: David Moyes should prepare for a raw reception at Goodison Park

David Moyes will be returning to Goodison Park with Manchester United for the first time since leaving Everton

The hostility David Moyes will receive on Sunday dates back to the day he announced he was leaving Everton for Manchester United

The only guarantee David Moyes can be sure of when he makes his return to Goodison Park on Sunday is, unlike last time, there will be no guard of honour.

Being Everton’s manager must seem a lifetime ago for Manchester United’s boss. The standing ovation greeting his farewell performance, universal approval for ten years of sterling service and a lap of the pitch as the Evertonians said thank you and good luck.

A year on from announcing he was replacing Sir Alex Ferguson, Moyes will feel trepidation where once there was only appreciation. At best his reception will be mixed when he leads United to his former home, and at worst there will be a repeat of the hostility he experienced when Everton won at Old Trafford last December.

“You’re getting sacked in the morning,” the visiting fans sang.

Moyes was genuinely hurt and bewildered by the venom, many attributing this to the fickleness of the fans’ enthusiasm to burn today what they loved yesterday.

Whether such acrimony is judged unfair, it is slightly more nuanced than this. Although temporarily delayed when Moyes announced his departure, it was inevitable there would be a reaction eventually due to the unconventional manner of his exit.

To trace the origins of rancour from a section of Evertonians you need only recall the day Moyes confirmed he was heading to Old Trafford.

On the surface it seemed a classy and dignified way to leave a club, but others felt it was a damaging representation not of how admirably Moyes had performed at Goodison Park but how their club tolerated subservience to his long-term, personal ambition for too long.

Some felt Everton had been played, Moyes’s expired contract – meaning there would be no compensation package from ‘the world’s biggest club’ – just happened to coincide with Ferguson’s departure. That was either extremely fortunate or strategic timing depending on how conspiratorial your outlook. Either way, Everton seemed to be under obligation to be docile in the face of United’s succession plans.

It was unnerving even for those Evertonians with short memories, as if they had done their bit to prepare the apprentice for the big league, help pack his bags and then wave him down the road with a triumphant send-off and proud smile. Evertonians are entitled to think their club bigger than that.

When Ferguson moved to Manchester United in 1986, Everton were on the verge of securing their second league title in two years. The idea of one day meekly stepping aside when United pursued their players or manager was anathema.

Some wondered if Moyes should have been allowed to stay in charge for Everton’s remaining fixtures, chairman Bill Kenwright determining it was the tasteful, more sophisticated thing to do. Moyes was allowed to run down his contract, officially ending his duties on July 1. Bizarrely, he was able to ready his desk at United’s training ground, pictured at Carrington and holding meetings with his new club’s senior players while on the Everton payroll.

His backroom staff joined him following discussions about whether it would actually cost Everton money to end their contracts so they could join United.

No sooner was Moyes in place he was making it clear he’d like to sign two of his former club’s most prized assets, last summer's chase for Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini eventually taking the Belgian to Old Trafford. Regardless of how poor he has been, he was a different beast in Everton blue.

Then followed an incendiary statement.

“I know if I was the Everton manager and Sir Alex had come asking for Baines and Fellaini, I would have found it very difficult to keep them,” said Moyes.

“I always felt the right thing to do was what was right for the players.”

Moyes might have left two months earlier, but this patronising remark was the real moment of separation.

The comment brought into clearer focus divisions within Everton’s fanbase when he was manager.

On the whole it is felt Moyes achieved all that was possible given his resources, perennially stuck on the fringe of the top four because of lack of investment. Plenty of others felt this too simplistic. They said Moyes took Everton where their wage bill said they should be and tripped at key moments – primarily against the top four clubs – because he lacked the invention to go beyond grinding out results. There was sadness when Moyes left, but no dejection, many within the club invigorated by the fresh air.

Roberto Martinez’s more upbeat demeanour has transformed the mood. He might finish in a similar position to Moyes’ Everton teams, but he will have won more Premier League points in his first season than his predecessor ever managed, doing so with a more attractive brand of football.

“The school of science is back,” says the banner on the Gwladys St.

Moyes 2012-13 Martinez 2013-14
1.45 Goals per game 1.62
45.0 Shots on target % 48.4
416.2 Average passes per game 476.3
79.4 Pass completion % 83.4
12.9 Long pass % 12.2
26.0 Average crosses per game23.1
1.05 Average goals conceded per game 1.0
446 Fouls 334

Moyes’s more rigid style was endured out of perceived necessity, the idea being you need cash to be creative, but now the question is asked if it really had to be so circumspect for so long?

Martinez has made people consider if rather than overachieve with limited funds in ten years at Goodison Park, the latter period of Moyes’s reign was preventing the club from evolving to the next level.

The truth, as ever, lies somewhere in between.

To describe Moyes’ Everton teams as merely ‘functional’ is a misrepresentation. He took over in vastly different circumstances to Martinez and it can not be ignored the current top four challenge is built on foundations the Scot left behind.

Tim Howard, Phil Jagielka, Sylvain Distin, Leighton Baines, Seamus Coleman and Kevin Mirallas were Moyes purchases.

John Stones, the elegant teenage centre-back who will be an England international sooner rather than later, was Moyes’ last signing, the £3 million he paid Barnsley the finest of leaving gifts. What Everton lost in compensation to United, they regain with the value of the assets he left behind.

Moyes earns his place in Everton history as the bridge between an era when the Merseysiders’ were fighting for Premier League survival to being firmly re-established in the top six with the potential to go higher.

As a Manchester United manager seeking the victory to deny Everton a Champions League place, he can and should expect a certain amount of resentment in the away dug-out.

When the game ends, he will deserve the same level of appreciation of 12 months ago as the coach who dedicated every working hour to driving Everton forward. It just might take a little longer, a bit more water passing under that bridge, before anyone is comfortable standing in line to demonstrate such gratitude again.

Glad to see the back of him - SAF did us a big favour! No clapping he had all that when he left!

Moyes: "I was proud to be [Everton] manager but my job now is to make sure I get a result for Manchester United."

Last edited by a moderator:
When he was known to have been at Carrington while still Everton boss, he should have been kicked out of Goodison with Kenwrights boot-print on his arse
Tell me about it, if memory serves me right he even put the first baines bid in while he was still on our payroll

BllMSHJIIAAK1SA.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.