Homepage Update: Reflections on Koeman

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Moshiri wasn't here Koeman and the P.E. guy would have finished this club.

Imagine what our club would look like right now if Kenwright was still at the helm.
hqdefault.jpg

Football management and high up in the banking sector are the only jobs I can think of that you get a massive pay off for doing a bad job. Whatever faults silva has, I am assured he only wants the best for the club, whereas Koeman only looked after himself.
Yes, he has proved to be a loyal servant at all of his previous clubs...

Good OP catcherintherye - appreciate the fair-minded approach but in Koeman's case I don't think it gets us very far. He was just disengaged and lacked skin in the game from day one, and we can't afford to have manager's like that - we have to get managers on an upward trajectory. There is NO WAY any one who felt they had something to prove would let the transfer debacle of 2017/2018 unfold like it did, don't care how bad our opening fixtures were, what a tragedy Steve Walsh is, that is on Ron the Uranus-Head 100%. He should have been sweating spinal fluid to improve our squad but he seemed to treat it like an ungovernable natural phenomenon, like the weather. The first 6 games are really hard, Lukaku's gone - shrug, that's football.

What is particularly gash in hindsight is Moshiri's pursuit of Koeman like he was this enormous prize. My recollection of the time is Blues giving it a cautious nod of the head, like that's certainly not a bad appointment but it's hardly a great one - let's see what happens. No one was jumping around saying Holy [Poor language removed]! we've just landed Ron K! Yet Moshiri was all in on the guy like he was the second coming of Rinus Michaels.

Decent first season and certainly cleaned up some of the mess left from the previous 2 seasons of Martinez and his Wiganisation of Everton, with the signings of Kone, Alcaraz, McGeady, Atsu etc

Then bought badly himself and it went badly pear, without any indicative signs it might get any better. However at the time I remember everybody jizzing their kex at us buying the Ajax captain amongst others.

Though he did sign Gana, Gylfi, Pickford and Keane, thus showing he didn't get all his signings wrong.

@Zatara called it from day one, he seemed switched on. Others were just upset about Martinez getting potted and were against him from day one for that reason alone.

Remember when he subbed on Niasse against Bournemouth and looked devastated that he'd won us the game?

He subbed him on to basically say here you go you lot asked for him and here he is... look how crap he is.

Then Prince Oumar buries two in the Street End.

And rather than be made up that we'd won the game he was more bothered by his own ego.

Bloody hell I can't bare to look at Roberto these days but at least you could tell he cared.

I look at the players that were signed and the contracts given out during his period as a manger. I have to conclude that he was a very bad judge of a player and the club have been left with this around it's neck until they are sold or contracts expire.

Another part of me wonders how serious was he about managing our club after The Saints or was it a gravy train for him and he was looking at the pay packet.
Seems like it was all about the pay packet...there were stories early doors how he was last in in the mornings and first to leave after lunch, if he was actually there for more than 3 or 4 days out of 7, spent more time on the golf course.
The holiday after he signed...after just coming back from holiday
The red Christmas tree decos...

Status
Not open for further replies.