Predicted line up vs Arsenal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll be our strongest 11 minus Howard with Joel in his place. It seems like Martinez has a deal with Joel that he gets the cups and Howard gets the league though I do wonder whether he'll have the nerve to keep Joel in if we get to the Semis or the Final

Osman and Pienaar in the same team does not work well. Only one should start.
I want Howard to start but it will be Robles (when the ball is passed back to Robles he does not make good clearances). Jags hopefully is back, but I think Stones is better on the ball and with Distin talking to Stones helps him perform better. Do we risk starting the Naismith, though he has done well, we needs Lakuku to start banging in the goals.

Howard
Coleman Jags (stones if jags not fit) Distin Baines
McCarthy Barry
Mirallas Barkley Pienaar
Lukaku

It'll be our strongest 11 minus Howard with Joel in his place. It seems like Martinez has a deal with Joel that he gets the cups and Howard gets the league though I do wonder whether he'll have the nerve to keep Joel in if we get to the Semis or the Final

He did it at Wigan so i don't see why not mate.

Thought Jags was going to be out for a couple of games ? Which could have a bearing. Ossie captained the team against the Hammers and did a good job. Osman and Naismith are both in better form than Barkley, they're both dependable team players.

I still hope that Barkley starts though. He's a player who can make things happen for us. And that's what we need. We need to unsettle them from the start and try to get that first goal which has eluded us in recent away games.

it'll be strongest team, with the exception of Joel in for Howard.

I'm 99.9999999999999999999999999993% sure

Could it be a stroke of genius to leave Lukaku on the bench.

Any one else starting to think our strikers do better coming off the bench? Look at Victor, now Naisy and Lukaku?

The only positions open for debate are Osman/Barkley behind Lukaku and Robles/Howard. Personally think Martinez will stick with Robles as he has thus far. Think Barkley should start but Osman might.

Robles
Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines
Mirallas McCarthy Barry Pienaar
Barkley
Lukaku​

That's the one I'm thinking he'll go with as well.

I really want Howard to start though.

Howard
McCarthy
McGeady Mirallas Barkley Pienaar
Lukaku

Gone for the best attack I could imagine. Felt odd leaving Barry of the team sheet, but McCarthy has been the better of the two for a while now for me.

Howard
McCarthy
McGeady Mirallas Barkley Pienaar
Lukaku

Gone for the best attack I could imagine. Felt odd leaving Barry of the team sheet, but McCarthy has been the better of the two for a while now for me.

Best attack I could imagine would involve mcgeady right, mirallas left and deulofeu behind lukaku. Defenders would crap themselves!

Status
Not open for further replies.