Predicted line up vs Arsenal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only positions open for debate are Osman/Barkley behind Lukaku and Robles/Howard. Personally think Martinez will stick with Robles as he has thus far. Think Barkley should start but Osman might.

Robles
Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines
Mirallas McCarthy Barry Pienaar
Barkley
Lukaku​

think it will be this but naismith instead of barkley

Robles (i think we should be playing howard)
Coleman. Stones distin Baines
Mirallas Barry McCarthy Pienaar
Osman
Lukaku

hopefully Jags will be back, but i don't see it...Osman will prob play, but Naismith did ok in that role for a while against west ham, so Martinez might leave him there....barkley wont start, he's not playing with enough confidence at the minute, and we cant afford to give the ball away cheaply against arsenal...
mirallas or deulofeu on the right might be a coin toss, just think mirallas edges it...but be great to good options like deulofeu on the bench to freshen things up second half....

think it will be this but naismith instead of barkley
I certainly wouldn't complain if Naismith started behind lukaku, but I think it's unlikely. If lukaku starts then he won't last the whole match and we'd need someone to bring on for him.

Don't think for one minute he'll play for a draw,I think he'll go for this one,lining up with this,

Howard

Barry McCarthy

Mirallas Pienaar

Barkley

Lukaku

Subs:Robles,Hibbert,McGeady,Deulofeu,Naismith,Osman,Stones

I certainly wouldn't complain if Naismith started behind lukaku, but I think it's unlikely. If lukaku starts then he won't last the whole match and we'd need someone to bring on for him.

you can't say that for sure, not at this point in time anyway, not even if you're the physio. we need him starting though, saving him for the final 30 when the game could be up by then wouldn't make good logic.

biggest game of the season so far this, let's hope he's fit enough to play longer than a standard sub length time.

Howard
Coleman Jagielka(?) Distin Baines
Barry Mcarthy
Mirallas Pienaar
Osman
Lukaku

That's my guess.

Robles
McCarthy Barry
McGeady Barkley Mirallas
Lukaku