Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Italian show on channel 4 when I was young was amazing. So much footballing talent on display and weird Italians in full rain coats watching the match. Also Jagielka used to be outstanding now not so much as is the way with age sadly.

I think with Jags we have to remember that he was rapid over 10 yards which is why he got in so many last ditch blocks and tackles. Unlike someone like John Terry who never had pace and always relied on good positioning, age has a bigger effect on the likes of Jags.
Absolutely spot on.

Ok this just sounds bizarre, but as a servant for the club be really sad to see him go, but it's about time he was replaced! Have always had a problem with Jags, has 100% effort/heart, but even when he was at his best for us, I used to go mental, for every last ditch challenge, you rewind for a minute before that vital block, and watch, it was always his, bad pass, [Poor language removed] header that had put us in that posistion!! Feels harsh though to say as I do like him, but there's been a reason he wasn't playing for another top 7 side!!!

Ok this just sounds bizarre, but as a servant for the club be really sad to see him go, but it's about time he was replaced! Have always had a problem with Jags, has 100% effort/heart, but even when he was at his best for us, I used to go mental, for every last ditch challenge, you rewind for a minute before that vital block, and watch, it was always his, bad pass, [Poor language removed] header that had put us in that posistion!! Feels harsh though to say as I do like him, but there's been a reason he wasn't playing for another top 7 side!!!

Disagree with that mate, Arsenal were dying to sign him at one point. The rest bang on - time to move on, I'd prefer the end of the season myself.

There was a time very recently where our players were kept on past their prime. The problem with this (I'm thinking Cahill, Howard, Osman etc.) was that the manager kept picking them and we ended up loathing them because they were no longer good enough. Cahill left after one season of not being good enough so is still remembered very fondly but Osman and Howard completely ruined their reputation because they kept being picked for years after they weren't good enough.

I'm so glad that Koeman won't make this mistake because I want to always be able to look back fondly on Jagielka and Baines and Barry too for that matter.

There was a time very recently where our players were kept on past their prime. The problem with this (I'm thinking Cahill, Howard, Osman etc.) was that the manager kept picking them and we ended up loathing them because they were no longer good enough. Cahill left after one season of not being good enough so is still remembered very fondly but Osman and Howard completely ruined their reputation because they kept being picked for years after they weren't good enough.

I'm so glad that Koeman won't make this mistake because I want to always be able to look back fondly on Jagielka and Baines and Barry too for that matter.
100% agree

This feller is in a poor position now. Not his biggest fan, but I feel a bit sorry for him. He's been told he'll go in the summer and is only here now because a deal cant be struck on his replacement. Hopefully he gets a club in the next few hours. He can do half a job somewhere still and whatever his lack of quality as a captain he doesn't deserve to be left hanging like this.

This feller is in a poor position now. Not his biggest fan, but I feel a bit sorry for him. He's been told he'll go in the summer and is only here now because a deal cant be struck on his replacement. Hopefully he gets a club in the next few hours. He can do half a job somewhere still and whatever his lack of quality as a captain he doesn't deserve to be left hanging like this.

Not really sure he can moan. If he wasn't playing so wank then he'd be in the team and not in this situation. Up to him to play better and back in favour.

Not really sure he can moan. If he wasn't playing so wank then he'd be in the team and not in this situation. Up to him to play better and back in favour.
He's been no worse than Williams for most of this season to be blunt about it. I'm not saying keep him, btw. He shouldn't have had it made public that he's here until the end of the season, though. He is the club captain.

He's not been the same since he came back from the World Cup. It's time to go but like you I hope he gets fixed up, hopefully somewhere better than Sunderland .......

He's been no worse than Williams for most of this season to be blunt about it. I'm not saying keep him, btw. He shouldn't have had it made public that he's here until the end of the season, though. He is the club captain.

Yeh just recently he's not been worthy of a starting spot. I'm surprised we hadn't shipped him out earlier in the window and got a replacement in.

He's not been the same since he came back from the World Cup. It's time to go but like you I hope he gets fixed up, hopefully somewhere better than Sunderland .......

A Championship side looking to get up this year would be good for him. He knows that level as he came from it. Chris Hughton should take him to Brighton. I'v enot been impressed with their CB pairing - one of whom is Duffy. He could ensure they stayed top two.

A Championship side looking to get up this year would be good for him. He knows that level as he came from it. Chris Hughton should take him to Brighton. I'v enot been impressed with their CB pairing - one of whom is Duffy. He could ensure they stayed top two.
Was thinking exactly the same, Brighton or a team of that ilk would be perfect for him. Experienced CB but less expected from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.