Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's fair enough. I think we asll do.

A lad from Kirkby supporting Blackburn when Everton and Liverpool are there?

Hmmm
He said he liked Blackburn that's all. When I was young and everton were pants I used to enjoy watching Chelsea as they had Zola. I never supported them though.

I think it's impressive that his dad tried to make him a kopite but he sussed out they were all gobshites and eventually found his way to supporting the blues.

I felt for a while that Jags may have been part of the current problem.

Not him as such, just that he is a reminder of all what we want to move away from.

May be harsh, and I have really liked Jags and the level we was at, he was a decent leader, good player and loyal to us.

He said he liked Blackburn that's all. When I was young and everton were pants I used to enjoy watching Chelsea as they had Zola. I never supported them though.

I think it's impressive that his dad tried to make him a kopite but he sussed out they were all gobshites and eventually found his way to supporting the blues.

I used to love watching United back in the day when they had Beckham on 1 wing and Giggs on the other.

People are allowed to enjoy other football I think.

I used to love watching United back in the day when they had Beckham on 1 wing and Giggs on the other.

Mid 90s I was a huge Italian football fan, changed teams about 10 times, based on a variety of things including which subbuteo teams I had. It was about the enjoyment of the players and the kits as much as anything...in a Nod to being back on topic. I used to enjoy watching Jagielka, now not so much.

Mid 90s I was a huge Italian football fan, changed teams about 10 times, based on a variety of things including which subbuteo teams I had. It was about the enjoyment of the players and the kits as much as anything...in a Nod to being back on topic. I used to enjoy watching Jagielka, now not so much.
That Italian show on channel 4 when I was young was amazing. So much footballing talent on display and weird Italians in full rain coats watching the match. Also Jagielka used to be outstanding now not so much as is the way with age sadly.

I think with Jags we have to remember that he was rapid over 10 yards which is why he got in so many last ditch blocks and tackles. Unlike someone like John Terry who never had pace and always relied on good positioning, age has a bigger effect on the likes of Jags.

That Italian show on channel 4 when I was young was amazing. So much footballing talent on display and weird Italians in full rain coats watching the match. Also Jagielka used to be outstanding now not so much as is the way with age sadly.

I think with Jags we have to remember that he was rapid over 10 yards which is why he got in so many last ditch blocks and tackles. Unlike someone like John Terry who never had pace and always relied on good positioning, age has a bigger effect on the likes of Jags.
I loved Signori's penalty's, and yes I always replicated them. Beat a semi pro in a penalty shoot out in a 5 a side goal when I was in college, the keeper put it down to my 2 step run up.

Anyway, love Jags me. I think he's been a very underrated defender in the Prem in the last decade. His pace over 10 yards and recovery was exceptional at time, he made Lescott look a better defender than he was. Good luck to him whatever he decides to do.

I loved Signori's penalty's, and yes I always replicated them. Beat a semi pro in a penalty shoot out in a 5 a side goal when I was in college, the keeper put it down to my 2 step run up.

Anyway, love Jags me. I think he's been a very underrated defender in the Prem in the last decade. His pace over 10 yards and recovery was exceptional at time, he made Lescott look a better defender than he was. Good luck to him whatever he decides to do.
He's been good but not outstanding for us. A solid 7/10 defender, yet one who rarely threatened in the opposition box as a centre back should (will always be thankful for his goal at Anfield). His decline has been rapid, and time is now up. Thanks and all the best, Phil.

Used to enjoy watching Clyde Best at WHAM & Osgood at Chelsea back in the day as well as the other usual suspects. Love watching Costa now.

Good footie players are a treat to watch. Makes you pine sometimes sitting through some of the guff served up

Hes been a 9/10.
Was exceptional for a couple of seasons until he did his cruciate just before the 09 cup final. IMO was up there with the very best in the league at the time and he had some top class CBs around to compare against. Not quite hit the same heights since but has been a solid and loyal servant. Will be sad to see him leave but I think age and injuries have caught up with him and he's been a liability at times this season. Plus Williams needs a quick player alongside him.

Our best centre back of The Premier League era

He's been a great signing, not captain material IMO but been really good for the vast majority of his 10 years here

Will have fond memories of him as a player - 2008 or so I think he was up there with the best in the league. Recovery acceleration was tremendous and often overlooked. His partnership with Lescott was the best we've had at the club since Ratcliffe and Watson in 1987 IMO

Still, he's declining now and we are looking at bigger and better things. If he still wants to play football, a parting of the ways is for the best at this point.

I'd keep him until the end of the season at least. Great servant , yes his best days are behind him but we need back up the CB area. Williams has had one good game all season, Mori is as twitchy as a turkey in December and Holgate is still a very young player to be relied on every week.

I'd keep him until the end of the season at least. Great servant , yes his best days are behind him but we need back up the CB area. Williams has had one good game all season, Mori is as twitchy as a turkey in December and Holgate is still a very young player to be relied on every week.

No way we let him go in this window without a replacement IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.