Perfect Squad Depth...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right back cover is more important than a new keeper for me. I doubt Roberto thinks we need either. Winger and striker are beyond question but the other player? Probably be a further striker or a centre midfielder. McCarthy still doesn't have a like for like engine midfielder cover player for me.
I think someone like Micah Richards would be a useful addition. Can play RB or central defence.

Only Roberto has an idea of actually how good some of these youngsters are. And even good ones can struggle with a step up to first team standard!

As for the current squad, IMO to be stronger than last years squad we need....

A winger to replace Delefoe.
Another quality striker
Cover for RB/CB

Micah Richards would be a good addition, Astu seems a direct replacement for Delefoe and I suppose Traore would do although I'd like better!

3 loans I would imagine would complete our business.

Only Roberto has an idea of actually how good some of these youngsters are. And even good ones can struggle with a step up to first team standard!

As for the current squad, IMO to be stronger than last years squad we need....

A winger to replace Delefoe.
Another quality striker
Cover for RB
/CB

Micah Richards would be a good addition, Astu seems a direct replacement for Delefoe and I suppose Traore would do although I'd like better!

3 loans I would imagine would complete our business.
100% agree the bits in bold. However I think we have all the cover we need at CB - Stones could actually start 30-40 games this year in a rotation with Jags and Distin. Duffy should get 5 starts and at least a dozen appearances off the bench, Alcaraz will get a few looks because RM rates him even if we all don't, and Besic can play there too.

Richards won't come to us because he won't get a starting spot. He'll rock up at Arsenal or Southampton IMHO.

We need cover at rb imo, why not bring in someone that can play rb/rw and have them sit in front of Coleman that why whenever Coleman pushes forward they'd slot in to rb and vice versa, same on the left. .. I'd play Baines with Oviedo in front

Been thinking about this and I think whenever we don't play Lukaku and Barkley, we'll go with 4-4-2.

It seems like Martinez wants to add another striker (Traore?) when we already have Kone and Lukaku, rather than going for an AM to cover Barkley, we have Osman and Naismith but neither seem ideal for that role.

So the second team would be...

Robles

Hibbert Alcaraz Stones Oviedo

McGeady Besic Gibson Atsu

Kone Traore???

We will never play 4-4-2.

EVER

Naismith and Osman are Barks backup, unless we sign somebody else.

Both are different to Barkley and neither is what you would call ideal, but Nais really improved last season, can honestly see somebody else brought in tho.

Kone and Traore would be terrible back ups, both are perma injured and its doubtful they would ever be able to gain match sharpness.

Not sure if Besic>Deulofeu, i'd say we are a tiny bit weaker currently, but with the advantage of being able to add our full compliment of loans still.
I think we are definitely stronger than at the start of last year. Rom, Ross and most importantly stones have had year of crucial development. These three will be immense this year. They have established themselves in the team and will now be champing at the bit to establish themselves as world class footballers

If we can keep them together they will be a tremendous spine to the team in, say, two years' time.
They are all contracted for at least another 4 years. Unless someone comes in with an astronomical offer, there is no reason why we can't keep them together. That feels good

The rb cover I assume will be besic with either Barry or Gibson for the dm role he vacates,as regards a winger then Atsu will take that role,it's cover for Lukaku that needs addressing and Roberto's right on the case,just who that will be is any ones guess.
Yes we have sufficient strength in depth more so with the quality of our youngsters who will make the break through this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.