Perfect Squad Depth...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't shoot me down lids but if we want another striker to come in for cover, specifically the poacher type, I'd take a punt on Gary Hooper.

I wonder if Roberto could turn Rodwell back into a centre half. They could make a boss partnership with Stones in my opinion, strong on the ball, strong in the air.

Otherwise I want Lacina back on a loan and Konoplyanka, he has £12m release clause. He is absolutely amazing player.

Howard
Robles

Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines
Hibbert Stones Alcaraz Oviedo
Browning Duffy Garbutt

Mirallas McCarthy Barry ?
McGeady Besic Gibson Pienaar

Barkley
Naismith
Osman

Lukaku
?
Kone

Two more needed imo as well as galloway, henen, ledson and long/mcaleney who may get the odd outing

We appear now to have (at least) two players for each position now, in the 4-2-3-1 formation. Bobby knows the crack

'First XI'

___________________Howard___________________

Coleman_______Jagielka_______Distin_______Baines

______________McCarthy_____Barry______________

______Mirallas________Barkley________Pienaar______

____________________Lukaku____________________

'Second XI'

___________________Robles___________________

Hibbert_______Stones_______Alcaraz_______Oviedo

______________Gibson_____Besic______________

______Osman_______Naismith_______McGeady_____

_____________________Kone_____________________

Great options at centre-mid. Another striker wouldn't go amiss just in case Kone's body unravels again. I have zero faith in Alcaraz but I know we won't be getting any more cover at centre-half, so I'm just going to take up religion and sacrifice kids in the hopes that Distin and Jagielka are blessed with injury free seasons. Another winger would be nice.

Need 3 more senior signings to compete in Europe and domestically. Striker, winger and one additional player, maybe another central player. Kids like Garbutt and Browning are great to have but you have to develop them carefully at your own pace. Not rush them up because of injuries.

Loans are going to realistically play a big part in our recruitment for the rest of the window but I would like to see at least one more proper signing. Traore deal seems to gone cold but he could have been an ideal alternative to Lukaku. Replacing Deulofeu won't be easy either but it's vital we do. Not only do we need that player, the competition brings the best out of Pienaar and Mirallas.

Still a little bit short I think. Another striker, another winger and maybe a goalie if we can find anyone decent, don't trust Joel one bit in a competitive game.

Right back cover is more important than a new keeper for me. I doubt Roberto thinks we need either. Winger and striker are beyond question but the other player? Probably be a further striker or a centre midfielder. McCarthy still doesn't have a like for like engine midfielder cover player for me.

Not bothered if we sign anyone else, already stronger then last year for my money! Enough depth also, I'm sure we will get loans - but bonus territory now!

Not bothered if we sign anyone else, already stronger then last year for my money! Enough depth also, I'm sure we will get loans - but bonus territory now!
Not sure if Besic>Deulofeu, i'd say we are a tiny bit weaker currently, but with the advantage of being able to add our full compliment of loans still.

...............Stanek
Pennington Browning Duffy Garbutt
Kennedy Lundstram Ledson Grant
...............Long McAleny

...............Stanek
Pennington Browning Duffy Garbutt
Kennedy Lundstram Ledson Grant
...............Long McAleny
I wouldnt be worried at all if we had a few injuries and a few of these stepped in. Browning, Duffy, garbutt and mcaleny should all be on the fringe of the team this year anyway, maybe a few mins here and there for the others too

I wouldnt be worried at all if we had a few injuries and a few of these stepped in. Browning, Duffy, garbutt and mcaleny should all be on the fringe of the team this year anyway, maybe a few mins here and there for the others too

I imagine they'll get some time during the more obscure Europa fixtures, maybe League Cup as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.