Perfect Squad Depth...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bainesy's Sweet Left Peg

Player Valuation: Free Transfer
We appear now to have (at least) two players for each position now, in the 4-2-3-1 formation. Bobby knows the crack

'First XI'

___________________Howard___________________

Coleman_______Jagielka_______Distin_______Baines

______________McCarthy_____Barry______________

______Mirallas________Barkley________Pienaar______

____________________Lukaku____________________

'Second XI'

___________________Robles___________________

Hibbert_______Stones_______Alcaraz_______Oviedo

______________Gibson_____Besic______________

______Osman_______Naismith_______McGeady_____

_____________________Kone_____________________

Still weak up front, getting Lukaku in is great but he needs cover as we saw last season. Kone isn't even back in training yet and not expected to be taking part with the first team until the end of September, which likely means he won't be match fit for at least another month or so after that. We need another forward to cover us because even if he hits the ground running around December we need cover up to that point at least.

Need a new reserve keeper as well obviously, quite clearly Robles isn't up to scratch and won't ever be.

We appear now to have (at least) two players for each position now, in the 4-2-3-1 formation. Bobby knows the crack

'First XI'

'Second XI'

Excellent first post mate.

Welcome to GOT. If we get Traore in on loan, sign an attacking midfielder and get a couple of other random loans, then i'd be happy with this window.

What are your thoughts on Pineapple on Pizza btw ?

If Kone, Alcaraz, Hibbert and Robles were replaced with better quality players I think that team would do alright for itself.

Still think we need another 3 players minimum. In the europa its vital we win our first couple of games, then play the kids, doesnt matter if we top the group just get through.

'First XI'

'Second XI'

Barring Lukaku and probably Coleman, I don't think that it would affect us too badly if an understudy stepped in for a first-team regular. As is nearly always the case, we need as many options as possible for opening up a defence and nicking a goal. I think that we could do with a mature player eg. Valbeuna to pick a pass where Barkley would rather run at the opposition, possibly some pure pace on the wings along the lines of Walcott or Oxlade-Chamberlain and a different type of striker. Maybe more of a poacher? Although perhaps Kone or Naismith could perform that role?

Still think we need another 3 players minimum. In the europa its vital we win our first couple of games, then play the kids, doesnt matter if we top the group just get through.

Completely agree. The Europa isn't so bad if we actually win a couple games to be able to afford to play the second choice squad - it does however matter that we finish top of our group though as it means we play a team that came second in their own group? (I assume so anyway).

I think two more first team players would finish it off nicely; a striker and a CAM/winger.

Completely agree. The Europa isn't so bad if we actually win a couple games to be able to afford to play the second choice squad - it does however matter that we finish top of our group though as it means we play a team that came second in their own group? (I assume so anyway).

I think two more first team players would finish it off nicely; a striker and a CAM/winger.

Yeah it does matter in that sense, but I really dont think it matters who we play once we get to the knock outs.

I mean if we get the likes of Inter in any round I think its win win scenario IMO.

Traore back on loan would be a big boost to our striking options, we are also in need of a right winger, which looks like a weakish position. Mirallas can not play all the games.

You also have to remember that in the EL the third Place teams from the CL Groups will enter, so if we win our Group, we won't risk facing the best third Place teams from there and teams in CL pot 3 include (at the moment anyway) CSKA Moscow, Bayer Leverkusen, Napoli, Galatasaray among others.

Regarding our squad. We need a backup striker, a winger and another CD if we're going to be able to field 2 strong/decently strong squads. Won't trust Alcaraz with defending good against Furngate (plays in League 11B in Mid-Sussex).

Status
Not open for further replies.