Our midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a good midfield but let's not go nuts. Needs another winger and probably another central playmaker.

Last edited:
Centre mid is fine now and looks excellent if Besic is another mccarthy.

We do need someone to come in for barkley and compete with him.

Also mirallas is inconsistent and we lack 2 top notch wingers. Need one in now and one in next summer when pienaar goes.

Barkley can play the number 10 role, I just doubt he can do it consistently for the full season so a creative player would be nice like but we do have two of the best attacking full backs in the league to make up for that and is something the other top teams haven't got.

Solid foundations so we can afford to take risks higher up the pitch - liking the squad setup

It makes sense considering the financial situation. Centre midfield is the key area for a possession team, so that's where the extra bodies need to be.

I love James McCarthy me.

It's really a question of who will partner him, will it be the incredibly solid Barry, the fluid, angry Besic or the cultured Gibson. I suspect he'll get a rest or two more this year, as in many ways McCarthy is more like Besic, and Barry like Gibson. McCarthy/Barry for the league, Besic/Gibson for the cups and Euros.

Status
Not open for further replies.