OK Top 4 was never on (now stop vaulting this thread) :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
6 points behind two teams playing rubbish (Spurs and Arsenal)

1 point behind Liverpool.

Yes we're playing rubbish but if we sort out the balance we have the players to go on a run.

I also wanted to cheer us up

I don't want to be cheered up mate.

I want a good fume and Christmas to be ruined all because of Everton Football Club.

I want to get off my face and fall into my Christmas tree. All because of Everton.

Last year was far too cheery for my liking.

Not the Everton I know at all.

COYBS

Let's be honest, we aren't getting a top 4 place, nor are we good enough for one. Our best chance since 04-05 was last season after we had beaten Arsenal. We were on a 7 game winning streak, we demolished our rival for that 4th place and when the pressure was turned up, we bottled it against Palace. I've said before as well that our inability to rise to the occasion in big games, particularly away from home against our rivals will also prevent us from getting there. When do we ever go to a place like White Hart Lane and get a win, and then in the next game beat Arsenal at the Emirates? Top 4 sides are capable of doing that., we aren't. This season we can't even beat the poor sides that we are better than like Hull at home.

I expect us to improve, and if we get some form together, coinciding with some luck with injuries then we may have a chance at a European spot through coming 6th-7th but there is no way we will get 4th.

The other sides like Arsenal have had poor seasons but they're still 6 points ahead of us. When they improve how are we going to get ahead of them?

A change is needed in the players and managers mentality as well. Yesterday was a chance to go there and play some good football and grab a win. Martinez, similar to Moyes in the past, set his team up in bizarre fashion as if we had something to worry about from a side that had lost 5 games in a row.
Last season we still would have had to beat City going for the title at home and win every other game. Realistically we have a better chance this year.

6 points behind two teams playing rubbish (Spurs and Arsenal)

1 point behind Liverpool.

Yes we're playing rubbish but if we sort out the balance we have the players to go on a run.

I also wanted to cheer us up

We have the most stubborn manager in the league mate.

This time Friday it will be:

Howard

Coleman Jagielka Stones Baines

Mccarthy Barry

Eto'o Naismith Barkley

Lukaku

Admirable thread..but you wont get through to people who think that just because things are crap right now, that they will stay this way. People who say there is no hope of this or that, as if its a fact.

Its a nonsense and who the hell knows right now. Most people would not have predicted the team of last season turning in performances like we have seen this season, but now can't seem to imagine the team of this season clicking back into form.

Can't see top 4 myself as basically Arsenal will always recover from a apparently poor season and get there...and as people say we dont have form for doing the spectacular. However I remain in hope that under this manager, given time, that the status quo might change.

Status
Not open for further replies.