OK Top 4 was never on (now stop vaulting this thread) :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to be cheered up mate.

I want a good fume and Christmas to be ruined all because of Everton Football Club.

I want to get off my face and fall into my Christmas tree. All because of Everton.

Last year was far too cheery for my liking.

Not the Everton I know at all.

COYBS

we lost at home to bloody sunderland on boxing day

...everton that.

Hahaha. Was boss that.

I'd start him Friday like.

"I've got this."

_45221779_mears_body_2.jpg

I was kind if expecting it to just happen really...but now cannot see where it will come.from. I still am confident that they are capable of it though.

Pick a consistent team now Europa is done.

Stones coming back, Besic and McCarthy in the center, Ross playing in the middle and two proper wingers who hold on the touch lines.

With the swill martinez is serving up we'll do well to finish in the top 20. He might be a "nice fella", have great shoes and have made us feel good last season but given the time he'll take us down. Doubt that, and we're as deluded as him

Pick a consistent team now Europa is done.

Stones coming back, Besic and McCarthy in the center, Ross playing in the middle and two proper wingers who hold on the touch lines.

See I wish it was as simple as that, but we cant know for sure.

Bossic and McCarthy havent playes together...who knows if that will work and..even it if it is a bit of success who knows if it will have enough of an impact to start winning us three points.

Also Stones has played this season...and lost, so thats not necessarily gonna cut out these errors that are killing us. He is still pretty raw. Im sure we have also played with two wingers this season and lost, so I am not sure that will make an automatic improvement.

Its too simplistic to put the boot into the boss and say if he did this or that we would play better/win...or we lost because of this or that. Theres a lot of different factors involved including form, confidence and morale that mean evem picking what some of the louder fans would think the best team is not a guarantee of improvement.

I do agree the team changes a lot but with injuries and players just not looking on top of their game, then I am not surprised we are seeing these changes.

The people sweating it over our tactics and the managers decisions could be right but an early goal away to Stoke and some things going right for us despite what could be another poor performance...then carrying that into the next game, and we could be looking at a different beast. Football can change that quickly..and often from the smallest incidents.

Im probably contradicting myself in some way in these posts. Although maybe I have just convinced myself that yes, yes I can still see this run of wins coming.

The above wasnt exactly aimed at you...just talking in general.

Imo, the usual suspects will finish above us this season as will West Ham, Swansea and Soton ...Newcastle won't though, so there's some good news.
I reckon then 10th or 11th.

But I care less about final position at the moment than I do about the dogs breakfast, turgid, robotic, fearful and static football Everton are serving up at the moment...it is beyond dire. And it needs changing...pronto!

See I wish it was as simple as that, but we cant know for sure.

Bossic and McCarthy havent playes together...who knows if that will work and..even it if it is a bit of success who knows if it will have enough of an impact to start winning us three points.

Also Stones has played this season...and lost, so thats not necessarily gonna cut out these errors that are killing us. He is still pretty raw. Im sure we have also played with two wingers this season and lost, so I am not sure that will make an automatic improvement.

Its too simplistic to put the boot into the boss and say if he did this or that we would play better/win...or we lost because of this or that. Theres a lot of different factors involved including form, confidence and morale that mean evem picking what some of the louder fans would think the best team is not a guarantee of improvement.

I do agree the team changes a lot but with injuries and players just not looking on top of their game, then I am not surprised we are seeing these changes.

The people sweating it over our tactics and the managers decisions could be right but an early goal away to Stoke and some things going right for us despite what could be another poor performance...then carrying that into the next game, and we could be looking at a different beast. Football can change that quickly..and often from the smallest incidents.

Im probably contradicting myself in some way in these posts. Although maybe I have just convinced myself that yes, yes I can still see this run of wins coming.

The above wasnt exactly aimed at you...just talking in general.

You can never 100% cut out errors - I actually don't blame our CBs. However Stones makes us look a different team when we have the ball.

Honestly I really do think it is as simple as getting the balance right although I would be tempted to drop one of Besic and McCarthy (not sure who) and play Ross there with Naismith ahead whenever we're playing teams especially at home that we really should beat comfortably.

If we play this formation the main thing is that we need to play with wingers so as to stretch the back 4 of the other team to give Ross/Naismith and Lukaku a bit of space.

I don't want to blame Martinez but ignoring that as the issue is the reason why the Boo Boys are getting louder.

He needs to pick a team and stick to it. That one against Southampton isn't it.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.