Next Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

tasslehoff

Player Valuation: £10m
So with our season pretty much done, except for the cat fight with the reds over the 6th place trophy and still the inevitable capitulation at their place to come.

Thoughts inevitable turn to next season

Questions :

Moist : Out/in?

Players out ?

Players in ?

Prediction for season?

I'd be satisfied with keeping Moyes UNLESS a better option presents itself.

Players out: If Felli WANTS to go then we need to ship him out asap and put the money to good use. If he doesn't WANT to go then I would keep him, cull the dead wood (Osman, Gibson, Pienaar, Hitzlsperger - none should be more than bench options at best), demand Moyes to find some quality free agents and get them on board early. This is why Europa League qualification is so vital: the money is not that special, but players will be attracted to a team in European competition over one that isn't. Realistically however we need a large injection of funds to refresh the squad because we have too many starters who are too old and we haven't given the younger lads (Duffy, Barkley, Velios, Oviedo) enough playing time to get to the standard where they are ready to step in over the summer and take over. A large injection of funds equals a Fellaini sale, because nothing else will raise a surplus. Sell Heitinga for £2m - £5m and all you can do is buy his replacement. Same with Jelavic, same with Naismith etc etc.

Players in: Winston Reid (WHU, free transfer), Lescott, Liam Bridcutt (Brighton, free transfer), Honda (free transfer), Fer. More if Felli goes, including De Guzman from Swansea, Jordan Rhodes from Blackburn, maybe Andreas Wiemann (spelling?) from Villa.

Prediction: IF several new players in the 23 to 26 age range come in, Europa League and a cup. If not, 6th place and a cup.

So with our season pretty much done, except for the cat fight with the reds over the 6th place trophy and still the inevitable capitulation at their place to come.

Questions :

Out - he's had his time at Everton, time to move on for all concerned (although I'll be shaking like a ****ting dog wondering what monstrosity this board are capable of replacing him with)

Players out ?
Heitinga, Naismith, Jelavic, Pienaar, Hibbert, Hitzelsperger,

Players in ?
McCarthy and Kone from Wigan; Samba from QPR; De Guzman from Swansea.

Prediction for season?
7th

Questions :

If kenwright doesn't sell -

Moist : Out/in? He's gone

Players out ? Felliani,Baines possibly Jelavic

Players in ? - depends on who new manger

Prediction for season again depends on new manger and ambition of board/chairman,but I doubt our interests will bechampions league places
If Kenwright sells is the piviotal decision in Evertons future - ?????????

Questions :

Don't think it matters. If we had investment I'd certainly want him out as we'd need a winning mentality in a manager to push us higher, not a bottler, but as it stands we could bring in Mourinho and still finish 5th-8th. I'd say "Out" solely because he's out of ideas and he's played our club for his own selfish reasons over the past year.

Players out ?

Naismith, Heitinga, Fellaini, Hitzlsperger, Hibbert, Neville, Mucha - possibly Osman if we received a daft offer for him, around £5m.

Players in ?

No point in even guessing, it'll be obscure Romanians on loan etc.

Prediction for season?

Teams come and go in cycles and this one is at the maximum it will go. If we sell heavily and re-invest then a period of transition is expected no matter who the manager is. Anywhere from 7th to 9th next year.

Why do people keep saying honda is free . Hes not until december

I stand corrected - transfermarkt agrees with you. My apologies.

However, look at what Spurs did with Holtby, bringing the transfer forward.... I would inform Honda's agent that we want him, and if he's equally interested he would need to make it clear to CSKA that he won't be renewing with them, thereby forcing their hand into accepting a bid WE can afford over the summer, or lose him for nothing in the winter.

I stand corrected - transfermarkt agrees with you. My apologies.

However, look at what Spurs did with Holtby, bringing the transfer forward.... I would inform Honda's agent that we want him, and if he's equally interested he would need to make it clear to CSKA that he won't be renewing with them, thereby forcing their hand into accepting a bid WE can afford over the summer, or lose him for nothing in the winter.

Thats what i would do we need creative midfielder and he would fit the bill. If we could get him for a cut price of 3m that would be good buisness . So if fellaini went for 25m buy honda 3m fer 8m he would replace fellaini in cdm position . That leaves 14m to buy a stiker and a winger . If we could get rid of heitinga and gueye and maybe jelavic or victor then we have better chance of getting more squad players . Theres no excuse this season not to spend we have a prized asset in fellaini to sell or the new tv money. We can only go foward next season

Questions :

He will go, he gets no money to spend and can't push on any further due to Kenwright.

Players out ?
Baines & Fellaini

Players in ?
Random players nobody has heard of.

Prediction for season?
7th/8th

Totally shot ourselves in the foot, due to the result yesterday and the squads total lack of passion we will lose our better players and manager.

....I'm a Moyes fan and hope he stays. I really think his leaving will leave us at a crossroads and without investment I find it difficult to envisage how things can improve. As for players leaving, I'm all for letting players go who are on the periphary but its only worth releasing regulars if you are bringing in somebody better.

Just seen we have being linked with kevin strootman. This is why fellaini needs to go . We showed yesterday we lack creativity and strootman or honda could be the answer

Season not over after one defeat. Regardless there needs to be investment in the summer and as Moyes has said if we make the Europa League we need to find a way to bring five new faces in on top of what we have. Arshavin on a free would be a good start. Moyes to stay would be another. We are making progress.

umm lads? i know your a bit down about yesterday but there's no reason for you to be all saying we'll sell baines and fellaini and leave the in's column blank.

we need new ideas, a more positive mentality at the helm, just like we showed against arsenal last week, attacking even the big clubs right from the off.

felli will almost certainly be gone, and neville definite, would like to see heitinga out of the door for a few mill, especially if lescott will be back. stones and duffy can fight for the 4th spot with the odd appearances here and there. mucha will be gone as well so we need a new 1st choice keeper, howard's not good enough if we aim to be european regulars

we need a boss striker, probably with pace like remy. fer is a must or a like for like player and a new keeper like mignolet. the remaining money should be used to find another pacey winger, preferably, someone who can play on both wings. hoilett wouldn't be the worst if he's available cheap, reckon we could make a good player out of him.

Fer in for fellaini. Honda or strootman in the number 10 role . A striker. And lescott for heitinga an we would be fighting for 4th again

Questions :

Moist : Out/in? Out, replaced by Laudrup, di Matteo, Steve Clarke or Big Dunc, not necessarily in that order

Players out ? Mucha, Neville, Heitinga, Naismith, Fellaini, Hitz, (Baines may want to go as well)

Players in ? Vorm, McCarthy, Wanyama, Lescott as well as playing Duffy, stones, Oviedo, Barkley. Whatever left on the best striker we can afford!

Prediction for season?
6th and the fa cup under are new, expansive managers style

Status
Not open for further replies.