Next Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that those who want a new gaffer and have had an (unrealistic) dabble on fantasy team transfers all seem to think we'll finish between 6th and 10th.......isn't that the same reason DM is being chastised?

Interesting that those who want a new gaffer and have had an (unrealistic) dabble on fantasy team transfers all seem to think we'll finish between 6th and 10th.......isn't that the same reason DM is being chastised?

I don't think so. I think it's the reason that most of expected us to lose at Sunderland after two great displays against spurs and arsenal. It's the reason we'll lose the derby but beat Chelsea away on the last day when it won't matter. And because having not played Barkley all season he starts in 2 of the hardest possible away fixtures and is then replaced by a half fit Oman after finding form. Moyes got us to where we are now, he's worked miracles, but a manager with more of an attacking style of play and adventure would in many eyes achieve so much more with this team

Moyes out Martinez in he'll quickly get rid of the deadwood get money in from felli (circa 17mill) and get Oviedo, Barkley playing improving pace and creativity. Victor/ Jela will thrive and everyone will say "Moyes!!! why did we put up with him for 11 fkn years?"

I don't think so. I think it's the reason that most of expected us to lose at Sunderland after two great displays against spurs and arsenal. It's the reason we'll lose the derby but beat Chelsea away on the last day when it won't matter. And because having not played Barkley all season he starts in 2 of the hardest possible away fixtures and is then replaced by a half fit Oman after finding form. Moyes got us to where we are now, he's worked miracles, but a manager with more of an attacking style of play and adventure would in many eyes achieve so much more with this team

Dream on!!

Whatever u think of moyes style, his prefered players, his woefull record in away games against the top teams...
No one will come in and get more out of this same bunch of players.
Infact a lot would come in and get a lot worse out of them.

Give moyes the money to build a proper squad, with quality subs ect and moyes would take it to another level I have no doubt.

It's typical "the grass is always greener" sourounding moyes which is purely because of the length of time he's been here. Even if he'd struck lucky and won a trophy over his time here I imagine the same people would still be wanting change.

who'd have thought at the start of the season that jelavic would be on so many wish lists to get rid already!!!!!

Personally i'd keep him on in the hope that he comes good again

who'd have thought at the start of the season that jelavic would be on so many wish lists to get rid already!!!!!

Personally i'd keep him on in the hope that he comes good again

It's pretty unbelievable isn't it... I wouldn't actively be looking to get shot of him but if a very good offer came in I would think long and hard about it.

2 strikers is not enough in a squad anyway so hopefully we can sign another in the summer and he jelavic and Vic will be fighting it out for 1 or 2 places dependent on how we set up.

Worth keeping but also worth selling at the right money.

Everybody was loving Jelavic last season and thinking he is world class. Just because he's had a poor season doesn't mean he can't turn it around next season.

Everybody was loving Jelavic last season and thinking he is world class. Just because he's had a poor season doesn't mean he can't turn it around next season.

A lot of players do well in the their first Season, then they get found out.

Teams just step out and catch him perma offside these days.

A lot of players do well in the their first Season, then they get found out.

Teams just step out and catch him perma offside these days.

think this could be the sad truth. it maybe that we need someone on the staff who is canny enough to teach him or anyone else we get in enough tricks to change the focus of how they play. Fellaini was found out as a forward too although answer was simple enough with him. class strikers will know how to adapt to the extra attention even if there have dry periods but we seem unlikely to get someone like that in so a bit of decent coaching may be the only way

Moyes out Martinez in he'll quickly get rid of the deadwood get money in from felli (circa 17mill) and get Oviedo, Barkley playing improving pace and creativity. Victor/ Jela will thrive and everyone will say "Moyes!!! why did we put up with him for 11 fkn years?"

Lol.. or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.