Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We shall see.
Ok but it would defeat everything I've ever seen in these markets for a 9/4 shot appointed within 2 days.

Think about it agents and lawyers are bound to tip off their mates if somethings a done deal. Why wouldn't they, if it's going to happen anyway.

Ok but it would defeat everything I've ever seen in these markets for a 9/4 shot appointed within 2 days.

Think about it agents and lawyers are bound to tip off their mates if somethings a done deal. Why wouldn't they, if it's going to happen anyway.

Trying to work out what word has been blocked there! Pretty sure it is a daft Merican one!

Ok but it would defeat everything I've ever seen in these markets for a 9/4 [Poor language removed] appointed within 2 days.

I'm not saying there will be either. But not because of the odds.

Because there's simply no news of a new manager. Nothing. Not a peep.

Absolutely no panic from me though. Martinez was appointed on the 6th June (I think!) and id say it was by 3rd June we all knew it was obviously happening.

Good few days yet.

Last edited:

I take your point but how long do we wait? People have suggested the club will appoint by the end of the week but the lack of market movement odds wise (everyone big odds against prices) suggest that any deal is miles away from completion.
It IS miles away and it WILL be terrible and we will ALL fume.

lol @ the folk on here who demand we appoint someone asap, declare Goodison a city-state and win the euros with a team of thoroughbred Evertonian demigods.

Mate I've watched manager markets before. The eventual managers ALWAYS go massively odds on a week or 2 prior to appointment
O'Neil was backed in by the semi pro punters on the exchanges, it's dead simple, as the market is small and a relatively small amount of cash makes it swing heavily.

So they picked a rank outsider - O'Neil - backed in him to odds on, and then laid him like hell on the exchanges, as the sheep weigh in as they think there's been some insider info.

It's a jarg market to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.