Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I take your point but how long do we wait? People have suggested the club will appoint by the end of the week but the lack of market movement odds wise (everyone big odds against prices) suggest that any deal is miles away from completion.

Given the bookies still have FdB as favourite suggests that they have less idea than anyone. We wait as long it takes, who knows tomorrow could be the big day.

Given the bookies still have FdB as favourite suggests that they have less idea than anyone. We wait as long it takes, who knows tomorrow could be the big day.
You can read it as they don't know what going on. That may be true but I view it at as a sign that nothing is actually happening. Lots of people need to be involved if singing a contract is imminent : agents, lawyers - hard to keep an appointment quiet if it's days away.

If we can not get Emery or Koeman ( which i doubt we can ) I truly believe Unsworth would be the best man for the job , His passion for the club and knowledge or Everton is a Major + although he does lack experience and player pulling power . I still think he would do fantastic if given the opportunity in the big boys league. Some may say that it would like ambition from Everton , I ask you to say this to David Unsworth and see what answer you get ;-)
Get real. Do you think top players want to play for unsworth? Do you actually want us to do well? We would not finish in the top ten with unsworth.

I take your point but how long do we wait? People have suggested the club will appoint by the end of the week but the lack of market movement odds wise (everyone big odds against prices) suggest that any deal is miles away from completion.
The bookies know jack on this kind of market, all they do is react to market forces and make sure the book is balanced

The bookies know jack on this kind of market, all they do is react to market forces and make sure the book is balanced
Ok but even the villa market has a clear odds on favourite: RDM at 1/7. React to the market yes but even then if something is imminent those in the know tend to pile in. I would expect the eventual manager to be 1/8 for at least a week prior to appointment

Status
Not open for further replies.