New Everton Stadium Discussion

Identity isn't just instantly achieved. Highbury became Arsenal because they played there for a century. Same with Goodison Park for us. In time the Emirates will become intertwined with Arsenal's identity. No ground by design really identifies as being that of one club, it's the history and memories which are attached to it that do that.

Understand what your saying..but im not talking about memories and making the stadium your own, what I'm saying is the Emirates stadium by design is generic, it has no identifying features and are seen throughout the world (its also almost an exact replica of Benfica). Its like a smaller wembley. Bowls are the absolute worst in terms of design..it's like terraced housing, everyone the same. Stoke, Middlesborough, Leicester etc etc. In 20 yrs time it will still be a generic bowl regardless of how many memories..there is also no North Bank equivalent. Imagine United without a stretford, RS without a Kop, us without a Gwladys. Just one circular bowl that looks like every other circular bowl. If you look at the states, so many new stadiums are identifiable in that they have completely different features. Quirks here and there. Stands designed differently.

So Liverpool have just announced their expansion plans - http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/161747-lfc-reveal-stadium-expansion-vision

I can't wait for the new Main stand at Goodison to blow this out of the water. #COYB #watchthisspace

With them redeveloping I think its a good opportunity for us to move out of the area. As much as I love the tradition and the Victorian feel of Goodison if we could find a prime spot close to the city centre it would would benefit us no end. Unless you were coming to the city to specifically watch a game you would never see the grounds. Having a brand new stadium visible to anyone who visits the city would vastly improve our image.

As we all know, its a great shame we didnt build on kings dock.

Just looking at those designs mate I think the RS own most of the land any way on that side they want to build. There's certainly a huge section of houses about 10 streets long empty on the Kop side as( main stand ) they bought them years ago and left them to rot.

I seem to remember there being some sort of "Anfield Neighbourhood Action Group" saying that the club had bought the majority of houses, hoping to force the others out, but they have stayed. I think we had a similar situation years ago, I'm not sure about the current situation around Goodison, our main issues seem to be the School, Church, Car lot, etc

Just looking at those designs mate I think the RS own most of the land any way on that side they want to build. There's certainly a huge section of houses about 10 streets long empty on the Kop side as( main stand ) they bought them years ago and left them to rot.

& have been blamed for the area becoming run down by those that remain, be it business owners or residents.
http://www.theguardian.com/football...blog/2013/may/06/anfield-liverpool-david-conn

Anfield: the victims, the anger and Liverpool's shameful truth
Policy of buying up houses around the stadium and leaving them empty has driven the local area into dreadful decline.

In the blighted streets around Liverpool's Anfield stadium, residents are packing up and leaving their family homes, so the football club can have them demolished and expand their Main Stand. In the six months since the club scrapped their decade-long plan to build a new stadium on Stanley Park, and reverted to expanding Anfield instead, Liverpool city council has been seeking to buy these neighbours' homes, backed by the legal threat of compulsory purchase.

People's farewells are bitter, filled with anger and heartbreak at the area's dreadful decline and at the club for deepening the blight by buying up houses since the mid-1990s then leaving them empty. A few residents are refusing to move, holding out against the council, which begins negotiations with low offers. These homeowners believe they should be paid enough not only to buy a new house but to compensate for the years of dereliction, stagnation and decline, and crime, fires, vandalism, even murders which have despoiled the area. Their resentment is compounded by the fact that they are being forced to move so that Liverpool, and their relatively new US owner, Fenway Sports Group, can make more money.

On Lothair Road, which backs on to the Anfield Main Stand, one man who lived next door to a house Liverpool own and have left empty, shuttered – "tinned up" as the locals call it – shook his head. "I'm not moving out," he told the Guardian, "I've been driven out."

Residents' bitterness derives from when the club started buying houses in Lothair Road, without saying they were doing so or making their intentions clear. The club used an agency to approach some residents, while some houses were bought by third parties then sold on quickly to the club. That left residents with the belief, which has endured ever since, that Liverpool were buying up houses by stealth, to keep prices low.

The club have never publicly explained in detail what they did, and declined to answer the Guardian's questions about their historic behaviour and current plans. Neighbours, many of whom have lived in Anfield for decades, remembering a vibrant, flourishing area, believe Liverpool bought and left houses empty to deliberately blight the area, intending it would prompt people to leave and drive house prices down.

Loads more about it on the link

The area around anfield is terrible, used to hang around that area when I was young, went back a few months ago, and my god, lots of streets with houses all boarded up. Terrible, don't know how LFC have got away with it.

& have been blamed for the area becoming run down by those that remain, be it business owners or residents.
http://www.theguardian.com/football...blog/2013/may/06/anfield-liverpool-david-conn

Anfield: the victims, the anger and Liverpool's shameful truth
Policy of buying up houses around the stadium and leaving them empty has driven the local area into dreadful decline.

In the blighted streets around Liverpool's Anfield stadium, residents are packing up and leaving their family homes, so the football club can have them demolished and expand their Main Stand. In the six months since the club scrapped their decade-long plan to build a new stadium on Stanley Park, and reverted to expanding Anfield instead, Liverpool city council has been seeking to buy these neighbours' homes, backed by the legal threat of compulsory purchase.

People's farewells are bitter, filled with anger and heartbreak at the area's dreadful decline and at the club for deepening the blight by buying up houses since the mid-1990s then leaving them empty. A few residents are refusing to move, holding out against the council, which begins negotiations with low offers. These homeowners believe they should be paid enough not only to buy a new house but to compensate for the years of dereliction, stagnation and decline, and crime, fires, vandalism, even murders which have despoiled the area. Their resentment is compounded by the fact that they are being forced to move so that Liverpool, and their relatively new US owner, Fenway Sports Group, can make more money.

On Lothair Road, which backs on to the Anfield Main Stand, one man who lived next door to a house Liverpool own and have left empty, shuttered – "tinned up" as the locals call it – shook his head. "I'm not moving out," he told the Guardian, "I've been driven out."

Residents' bitterness derives from when the club started buying houses in Lothair Road, without saying they were doing so or making their intentions clear. The club used an agency to approach some residents, while some houses were bought by third parties then sold on quickly to the club. That left residents with the belief, which has endured ever since, that Liverpool were buying up houses by stealth, to keep prices low.

The club have never publicly explained in detail what they did, and declined to answer the Guardian's questions about their historic behaviour and current plans. Neighbours, many of whom have lived in Anfield for decades, remembering a vibrant, flourishing area, believe Liverpool bought and left houses empty to deliberately blight the area, intending it would prompt people to leave and drive house prices down.

Loads more about it on the link

Wouldn't expect anything less from class and dignity fc

I expected a lot more tbh, they've basically just put a new tier on the main stand

To be fair and I'm no fan Keioc,/BU did a better job with their YouTube video of a redeveloped Goodison! Looks like they just photoshopped an extra tier on to the stand. As for the concourse, well as much as I enjoy a pint in the valley, I don't think it will get the footfall to make it anyway decent bar match day!

I'll say this though, there owners have follow through I think this will go ahead, thankfully as it's awful and they will be tied there for beards!

When the Viet Cong have this up and running (as they will this time) we can bleat all we like about how rubbish it looks when they have 20,000 more daytrippers in the ground for every match, because unless our board takes decisive action soon then that bleating can take place from behind all our beautifully idiosyncratic obstructed views here in the Old Lady. The RS won't give a toss.

When the Viet Cong have this up and running (as they will this time) we can bleat all we like about how rubbish it looks when they have 20,000 more daytrippers in the ground for every match, because unless our board takes decisive action soon then that bleating can take place from behind all our beautifully idiosyncratic obstructed views here in the Old Lady. The RS won't give a toss.

Seriously though mate, would you be happy that?

For all that Liverpool fans pride themselves in regard to the club when it comes to the club's actions with residents locally, they keep their heads firmly up their back sides.

Seriously though mate, would you be happy that?

Im sure lots of fans would be happy if we added another tier to the Bullens and park end raising the capacity to 50,000+.

However if we're to move we need to find the right location within walking distance of the city centre.