New Everton Stadium Discussion

The best time to lay out £750 million is when you have £750million to lay out , or when you have someone to borrow it from at preferential rates.
I agree with what you say actually.
But I suspect our circumstances will mean we will at least have to share a lot of those revenue streams , lessening the positive impact on the team and extending our indebtedness for some years ahead.
We need to be smart about it, it can't be just a football ground, there needs to be concerts, we should also try and get an NFL game or 2 not sure if spurs have exclusive rights at the moment. When it's not being used for football it's used for something else, milk it for every penny, Naming rights won't be insignificant either..

I despise Arsenal with a passion; but remember what a new stadium did to their financials for a good while, it wasn't instant payoff and they had the London factor.

Wenger took the decision to direct a lot of the income to paying off the stadium in the quickest possible time. We will be looking at a longer term debt repayment structure so they aren't fully comparable. Spurs have spent money for instance.

Of course this only works for us if we can secure the loan with decent interest rates.

Wenger took the decision to direct a lot of the income to paying off the stadium in the quickest possible time. We will be looking at a longer term debt repayment structure so they aren't fully comparable. Spurs have spent money for instance.

Of course this only works for us if we can secure the loan with decent interest rates.

We'll be applying the Philly shell for a bit...hence Dyche staying.

It's on @cpoverview overview latest video and whoever the fella is who is talking with him, doesn't seem to be very solid with his information. Sounded like he was told from his local chippy that the capacity was going to get increased.
I get the feeling @cpoverview is starting to regret the decision to invite that fella on now. He wouldn't shut up and seemed like he wanted to just take over.

We need to be smart about it, it can't be just a football ground, there needs to be concerts, we should also try and get an NFL game or 2 not sure if spurs have exclusive rights at the moment. When it's not being used for football it's used for something else, milk it for every penny, Naming rights won't be insignificant either..
I don’t think the stadium has been designed for NFL. Spurs built in special changing rooms required for the huge playing staff but get your point that it needs to be multi purpose and sweated as an asset

Spurs have a deal with NFL until 29/30 season to be the home of UK NFL. Doesn’t state anywhere that games can’t take place anywhere else, but the NFL will have to start sending more games outside of the states in order for other stadiums to get a taste.

The stadium dimensions will not suit any NFL or MLB games anyway, it's built purely for football. We could do boxing, concerts etc there though, how much money will the 3 days of Taylor Swift generate for the RS, we can sweep in and steal all those gigs soon :)

The stadium dimensions will not suit any NFL or MLB games anyway, it's built purely for football. We could do boxing, concerts etc there though, how much money will the 3 days of Taylor Swift generate for the RS, we can sweep in and steal all those gigs soon :)

The pitch won't fit but I know for a fact we can hold -

World chess championships
Table Tennis
Tennis
Crown Green Bowls
Dwarf horse racing
Badminton
Lego
Great British Bake Off

The pitch won't fit but I know for a fact we can hold -

World chess championships
Table Tennis
Tennis
Crown Green Bowls
Dwarf horse racing
Badminton
Lego
Great British Bake Off

7543f7f7bbca12ed36b740e17ca83ed5.gif

^^^ Beyond rugby and concerts, it's hard to think what else you could use the bowl for. I did ask about the GAA sports but one of the Irish fans on here pointed out the pitches are far too big. No wonder Seamus has such a good engine on him. I think there will be plenty of uses inside the stands, in the fan zone and even using the steps for seating on the riverside. That's where it will earn money 365 days a year (well almost).

^^^ Beyond rugby and concerts, it's hard to think what else you could use the bowl for. I did ask about the GAA sports but one of the Irish fans on here pointed out the pitches are far too big. No wonder Seamus has such a good engine on him. I think there will be plenty of uses inside the stands, in the fan zone and even using the steps for seating on the riverside. That's where it will earn money 365 days a year (well almost).
Boxing
Euros
Shows (comedians)

I have also heard that they want the bars and restaurants to be open 7 days a week, so people can use them whenever

Boxing
Euros
Shows (comedians)

I have also heard that they want the bars and restaurants to be open 7 days a week, so people can use them whenever

They really need to take advantage of televised away games as well. I’m sure most boys would rather watch it with other blues in a bar in the stadium than sat at home.

Post match also, how many pints would they have sold after the derby victory on Wednesday if that had been in Bramley Moore and the bars were open? I’m sure there’s probably legalities complicating matters but hopefully the club are looking into how we can maximise every pound.