New Everton Stadium Discussion

I think after all the doomed attempts that they've made, they probably will be, especially as it stands to generate a load more money for them. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I suppose. As an Evertonian, I would hope ours would be classier but at the same time I'm realistic about how stands and grounds are designed and built. If we take NSNO into the brief, we'll be fine.

Like our proposed stadiums, theirs is just on paper, I will be surprised if this gets off the ground, it will involve removing streets of terraced houses that people won't give up no matter how much money they are offered. People have talked about Compulsery Purchase Orders before, but both clubs have been reluctant to go down that route because they are seen to be making people "homeless". Perhaps these Yanks will be more ruthless, but if they do build a new stadium, they will be the first foreign owners in premierleague history to build a new stadium

The houses around Anfield that they needed are now all purchased, no need to go through the courts to get CPO's on them (which would have happened anyway, just would have delayed things by a few years). It's not just Liverpool that wants to get it started, the council want to get the Anfield Project under way and the redevelopment of the stadium is vital for it. Their redevelopment of their stadium is going to start happening fairly quickly I imagine.

The fact is that stand will have increased capacity, more corporate seating, global brands for merch; dunkin donuts, subways, probably Carlsberg as the exclusive beer and Coca Cola or Pepsi as the official drink, the memorial and much more. If we came out with plans like that for the Goodison Road stand you'd all be wanking till your arms dropped off. This is exactly what will happen with us anyway if we have to redevelop Goodison rather than move.

& have been blamed for the area becoming run down by those that remain, be it business owners or residents.
http://www.theguardian.com/football...blog/2013/may/06/anfield-liverpool-david-conn

Anfield: the victims, the anger and Liverpool's shameful truth
Policy of buying up houses around the stadium and leaving them empty has driven the local area into dreadful decline.

In the blighted streets around Liverpool's Anfield stadium, residents are packing up and leaving their family homes, so the football club can have them demolished and expand their Main Stand. In the six months since the club scrapped their decade-long plan to build a new stadium on Stanley Park, and reverted to expanding Anfield instead, Liverpool city council has been seeking to buy these neighbours' homes, backed by the legal threat of compulsory purchase.

People's farewells are bitter, filled with anger and heartbreak at the area's dreadful decline and at the club for deepening the blight by buying up houses since the mid-1990s then leaving them empty. A few residents are refusing to move, holding out against the council, which begins negotiations with low offers. These homeowners believe they should be paid enough not only to buy a new house but to compensate for the years of dereliction, stagnation and decline, and crime, fires, vandalism, even murders which have despoiled the area. Their resentment is compounded by the fact that they are being forced to move so that Liverpool, and their relatively new US owner, Fenway Sports Group, can make more money.

On Lothair Road, which backs on to the Anfield Main Stand, one man who lived next door to a house Liverpool own and have left empty, shuttered – "tinned up" as the locals call it – shook his head. "I'm not moving out," he told the Guardian, "I've been driven out."

Residents' bitterness derives from when the club started buying houses in Lothair Road, without saying they were doing so or making their intentions clear. The club used an agency to approach some residents, while some houses were bought by third parties then sold on quickly to the club. That left residents with the belief, which has endured ever since, that Liverpool were buying up houses by stealth, to keep prices low.

The club have never publicly explained in detail what they did, and declined to answer the Guardian's questions about their historic behaviour and current plans. Neighbours, many of whom have lived in Anfield for decades, remembering a vibrant, flourishing area, believe Liverpool bought and left houses empty to deliberately blight the area, intending it would prompt people to leave and drive house prices down.

Loads more about it on the link

No doubt about it mate a lot of folk have suffered. I've spoken to the owner of Epstein's hotel in depth about it as well. I think they had problems with just one home owner a few years back but got most of what they wanted and then left it to absolute rot. I don't live to far from there ( unfortunately ) so I know the area well and the land that surrounds it. I think what a lot of locals and business' will be hoping for is that the new build trickles into the surrounding area and community. The road in front of the kop, houses on that side I am pretty sure they purchased and the same thing has happened to them i.e left to rot.

To be fair and I'm no fan Keioc,/BU did a better job with their YouTube video of a redeveloped Goodison! Looks like they just photoshopped an extra tier on to the stand. As for the concourse, well as much as I enjoy a pint in the valley, I don't think it will get the footfall to make it anyway decent bar match day!

I'll say this though, there owners have follow through I think this will go ahead, thankfully as it's awful and they will be tied there for beards!
The fact is that stand will have increased capacity, more corporate seating, global brands for merch; dunkin donuts, subways, probably Carlsberg as the exclusive beer and Coca Cola or Pepsi as the official drink, the memorial and much more. If we came out with plans like that for the Goodison Road stand you'd all be wanking till your arms dropped off. This is exactly what will happen with us anyway if we have to redevelop Goodison rather than move.

I wouldn't be, infact I wouldn't even have a pain in my wrist, corporate facilities is where the wonga is, I doubt run of the mill capacity will make a blind bit of difference if I'm honest, especially to their revenue! I think doing something like this at Goodisom is difficult given that even if you took the main stand or the bullies you are still going to be restricted on one side of one of your highest capacity stands! The foot print is also given on both sides are stand we're built making optimal use of height rather then a board base, certainly not without increasing the footprint! Anyway there is an eye sore, and I won't be goin out of the city if I fancy a meat ball marinara!

I think the difference between the 2 is the RS have purchased most of the land around it ( certainly on the aide they want to build ) whilst we are actually penned in by home owners all the way around Goodison. I'm not too sure if or how we go about purchasing them and how long that would take us. It certainly should have been looked into by the board but that's a discussion for another thread!

This is what we will face if plans to rebuild Goodison go ahead.
Decades of legal wrangling with cpo's etc.
Better by far to find a suitable brown field site within the city. No loss of gate revenue whilst the stadium is being built no limiting factors on stadium design and certainly a more cost effective proposition.

Better by far to find a suitable brown field site within the city. No loss of gate revenue whilst the stadium is being built no limiting factors on stadium design and certainly a more cost effective proposition.

I think it's the only real option because we need commercial partners, I think it's going to be on a site conducive commercially either from a retail, entertainment, tourism or business point of view - with this in mind I think it's positive, with all respect to Walton and the immediate surrounding area - well you wouldn't head out there for a subway would you! Be great also to be able to get a leisurely pint without having to wait an hour in a battleship on match day!

I don't disagree with a new stadium if it is a spectacular addition to the City and can be used 365 days a year to generate revenue for the club.

However I disagree that it would be more cost effective.

If the aim is to get 50k seats then simply knocking down the Park End and building a double height stand with some boxes on the Bullens Corner would be by far the cheaper option than a new build.

Probably something like £20m compared to £200m

An executive box usually occupies a more commanding view of the pitch, not stuck in the corner of the ground overlooking an existing 80 year old stand.
The notion of building a huge stand behind the park end and neglecting the Bullens rd Gwladys st stands (those with the most restricted views). Is no way forward at all.

Cant see how people are still debating "add a tier to this" "move that stand " "extend the footprit"....it aint gonna happen, if you read what Anderson & the club have said they have identified sites.We will know soon enough what sites they are.Yes I would love to stay at Goodison and have spent a large chunk of my life going there.But I am a realist the Only way forward is a New Ground so please stop bleating about re development. Ive heard lately Clarence Dock & Walton Hall park are highly favoured with still an interest in Stanley Park ...any would do me fine.

Cant see how people are still debating "add a tier to this" "move that stand " "extend the footprit"....it aint gonna happen, if you read what Anderson & the club have said they have identified sites.We will know soon enough what sites they are.Yes I would love to stay at Goodison and have spent a large chunk of my life going there.But I am a realist the Only way forward is a New Ground so please stop bleating about re development. Ive heard lately Clarence Dock & Walton Hall park are highly favoured with still an interest in Stanley Park ...any would do me fine.

Clarence Dock would be good, close to the city centre, taking advantage of the waterfront. Could be Kings Dock 2!

I think LFC's expansion plans probably put paid to Stanley Park as a feasible option.

I saw the Anfield redevelopment plans earlier, I must say I thought it looked rather good.

It's a mighty shame that upgrading Goodison isn't really a viable option.