Naming Rights...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's in a name. Take the money and buy players. Who 'really' actually cares what it's called. The fans will call it what they want regardless of the actual name.

Isn't Southampton's stadium called like the Friends Provident St Mary's Stadium or something?

But everyone calls it St. Mary's. Pas de problem ;)

Emirates stadium was a 15 year naming rights deal and an 8 year kit sponsorship dea (worth £5m per annum).

Show Me The Money

Driven by Arsenal’s need to service the £260m they loaned to build their new stadium – not to mention the £142m of debt on their balance sheet to the end of May – a key feature of the Emirates deal is that it’s massively front-loaded, with Arsenal scheduled to receive £72m (average £9m per year) 2004-2012 and £18m (average £2.25m per year) 2012-2020.

From 2006-2014 this includes £5m per year (£40m) for Arsenal’s shirt sponsorship, to start - naturally - when the new stadium is scheduled to open in August 2006.

All of which reveals the following:

* After stripping out the shirt sponsorship, the naming rights deal is worth £50m over 15 years, an average of £3.3m per year. That makes it the biggest – and certainly the longest – commitment to a naming rights deal in the UK, and one of the biggest in the world.

http://www.karen-earl.co.uk/insideinfo.cfm?action=view&id=318

;)

But we aren't asking for more than Arsenal are we?

"After stripping out the shirt sponsorship, the naming rights deal is worth £50m over 15 years"

I don't seem to see how they got to that figure? That effectively means Emirates are paying over £50m for 8 years shirt sponsorship?

Even if we did ask for more, which we haven't, theres nothing wrong with asking for it :D

"After stripping out the shirt sponsorship, the naming rights deal is worth £50m over 15 years"

I don't seem to see how they got to that figure? That effectively means Emirates are paying over £50m for 8 years shirt sponsorship?

Even if we did ask for more, which we haven't, theres nothing wrong with asking for it :D

Yep, aim high. I would have thought the club would have got a lot of stick if they didnt do that. Damed if you do, damned if you dont i guess

Easy way to work it out.

Arsenal
£100 million for 15 years ground naming rights and 8 years shirt sponsorship.

Everton
£67.5 million for 15 years ground naming rights.
We currently receive 2million a year shirt sponsorship. So over 8 years thats £16 million.

£67.5+ £16m = £83.5m

And no doubt the £67.5 is our starting figure to negotiate, expect it to lower.

We have asked for more than that.

The total value of Arsenals' sponsorship from Emirates is £90million

Arsenal deal is 8 year deal at 5m per annum for kit sponsorship (£40million over 8 years)
Everton's deal is 8million over a three year period or (£2.66m a year)

They also signed a 15 year deal for stadium naming rights, which when you take £40m from £90m, the true price of the naming rights deal is £50million over 15 years or £3.3million per annum.

According to that Daily Mail article, Everton have asked for £4.5million per annum for Kirkby.

It's more than likely that any Kirkby deal is going to include kit sponsorship aswell..

Arsenal, capital city stadium: £3.3m per annum
Everton, £4.5m

It doesn't add up.

Good to see us setting our standards high then ;) - Something of which, the anti Kenwright brigade constantly moan about.

Although;

The total value of Arsenals' sponsorship from Emirates is £90million
I dont see were you have that figure? £90m was the bare minimum Arsenal received. BBC and Arsenal, amongst others, report the figure to be well in the excess of £100 million.

Danny, simple maths on the phased payment quote above gives a total of £90M (72M over the first 7/8 years, and 18M over the second 7/8)

The shirt sponsorship element of this was £40M (8years x £5M), leaving £50M for the Stadium naming.

As for the veracity of the figures, don't ask me...

Of course, there's no problem asking for more than you're likely to achieve...

UNLESS AND UNTIL you are using those inflated figures to draw up your Budgets, performing your anticipated cash flow calculations and using them to develop your Credit Line and Debt Servicing Requirements.

Maybe the board should watch Property Ladder, Sarah Beeny could give them a steer on the importance of getting your finances in place, and being realistic with budgets;)

Status
Not open for further replies.