Naming Rights...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care what it's called as it's money for the club...

Dairylea stadium would do me for 4.5 million a year.

anyway, isn't the emirates widely known amongst Arsenal fans as Ashburton Grove or did I dream it.:oops:

anyway, isn't the emirates widely known amongst Arsenal fans as Ashburton Grove or did I dream it.:oops:

I think so... certainly the arsenal fans i knew when it first opened used to call it that when they wen't down there.

The 100m figure i think stems from two sources. One is extra incentives that Arsenal can earn dependant on results upto 2013/14. The other is this
The present value of these sponsorship cash-flows, discounted at Arsenal's standard cost of capital and referenced against equivalent straight line cash-flows, indicates that the absolute value of the deal to Arsenal is in excess of £100 million.

Which obviously means didly squat to me. The Emirates deal apparently includes Naming Rights, Shirt Sponsorship and Advertising within the ground also.

If our £67.5 mil deal included Shirt Sponsorship at a similar rate to our current deal and same length as the Arsenal deal, then would that mean we are effectively asking for ~£45 for 15 years? (8yrs x 2.66m/yr=~£22mil)

Status
Not open for further replies.