Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree about Pereira, for the record. But you were using ramos, who won trophies in europe, as an example of why picking up someone who had success in one league doesn't mean they can do it in another. Walter Smith would be another example, who also had success in europe, but couldn't cut it in england.

And, fair enough it's a risk, but I'd rather take a risk than sure failiure which is what I think hughes, Oneill, etc are. We know how they fare in the prem and it's struggling.

I was just using Ramos just to shoot down all these foreign names that either no one knows much about or are just managers of the week.

Maybe its seems "cool" to bag one of these names, but my worry would be what happened with Ramos at Spurs for eg.

I'm just trying to dodge the worry of a manager coming in, bringing his "brand" and it failing miserably. Rather than someone coming in, continuing Moyes's job and eventually adding to it.

Some of these names dont feel to me like they'll do that.

I dont want him, but do you think David Moyes could have guided Everton though the CL stages to the round of 16?

I dont.

We really need to start getting a reality check on just who is good enough or not good enough for Everton. Moyes was not a great manager and we're not getting one in to replace him.

Honestly, i think he could!. With the cash windfall from qualifying for the CL, i think he'd of made some shrewd signings and we'd of got through the groups, beyond that i couldnt say?!.

And Moyesy will prove just how good he really is at United, with better resources and players. I for one didnt always agree with his tactics and the way we played at times, or that he would persist on playing players like Neville etc but the man did brilliantly at us under the circumstances!.

But i do feel that we needed a change, him and us and i hope we make the right appointment and kick on!.

Poor man's AVB? Pereira has them unbeaten through the season and qualified them through a tricky Champions League group this season, something AVB didn't manage when he was in charge. More like a rich man's AVB.

I was just using Ramos just to shoot down all these foreign names that either no one knows much about or are just managers of the week.

Maybe its seems "cool" to bag one of these names, but my worry would be what happened with Ramos at Spurs for eg.

I'm just trying to dodge the worry of a manager coming in, bringing his "brand" and it failing miserably. Rather than someone coming in, continuing Moyes's job and eventually adding to it.

Some of these names dont feel to me like they'll do that.

Thing is though I want a different brand. I want a style of football that we only do in patches at the moment and if that means we go back a little while we do that, I'm okay with that.

And Ramos did win a trophy at Spurs, tbf. Something none of his successors have done.

what's the appeal with McKay btw? he done a job that cardiff managers should have done before him with the large sums they've paid for that league. Has anyone watched Cardiff play under him, i've seen a couple of games and they were ****ing dire. The main reason i'm happy moyes is gone because of the type of footy we played - i'd have him back in a shot if it meant not having to watch McKay's even duller approach

Poor man's AVB? Pereira has them unbeaten through the season and qualified them through a tricky Champions League group this season, something AVB didn't manage when he was in charge. More like a rich man's AVB.

Avb was unbeaten and also top, and also won them the cup and a european trophy, like.

what I find interesting is that should Martinez get the job, would he play the 3 up top formation? imagine he brought in Kone with him, Remy and had Mirallas up top

Howard

Coleman Jagielka Distin ????

???? ???? Pienaar

Remy Kone Mirallas

crazy man

Honestly, i think he could!. With the cash windfall from qualifying for the CL, i think he'd of made some shrewd signings and we'd of got through the groups, beyond that i couldnt say?!.

And Moyesy will prove just how good he really is at United, with better resources and players. I for one didnt always agree with his tactics and the way we played at times, or that he would persist on playing players like Neville etc but the man did brilliantly at us under the circumstances!.

But i do feel that we needed a change, him and us and i hope we make the right appointment and kick on!.

I really dont, and especially with the players Lennon had at his disposal.

Moyes and Europe do not mix.

It's going to be hilarious watching United fans reaction when they see poor old Moyesie on the touchline powerless to stop the mighty Metalist outmaneuver him in the CL.

Mark Hughes for me. Decent job at Blackburn and Fulham on limited budgets. Not really given sufficient time at Man City & QPR, knows the league, knows the club.

I'd be relatively happy with Martinez, Laudrup or taking a chance on someone from within.

I'd never watch an Everton side managed by Lennon, Benitez, Clarke or Redknapp and I'd be highly scepticle about the portuguese fella, can he even speak the lingo???

You´re a queer one you

Moyes was 17th this year, 13th last. 3 million a year.

More than klopp, lowe, conte, pellegrini, hitzveld etc. But only like the 8th best paid in the prem, tbf. Our league is mad.

Best link I can find so far is here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...boss-Roy-Hodgson-Jose-Mourinho-tops-list.html

Pelligrini on basically the same as Moyes was with us. Low and Biesla currently on nearly £1m a year less... Koeman, De Boer, Van Basten, Pereira, Klopp, all on LESS than £2m a year. Interesting.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.