Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We took a chance on Moyes because he had experience of PNE and getting them to a whisker of promotion.

The first box that gets ticked imo should be the one marked 'managerial experience'.

Agree. Then on interview/ psychometric tests and so on.

I think I'd rather pick a manager who has no experience in the prem than one who's a known failure in it.

See Benitez and Ancelotti as other examples of men who managed to transfer success in a non english league to the prem. Or for that matter see Ferguson or Moyes.

Again, they'd already have lots of experience and won trophies in europe.

Everyone's going on about Pereira. But its based on what? Being a poor man's AVB?

We have no chance with Klopp.

There seems to be a lot of flash in the pan names getting thrown about. Laudrup, effin Malky Makay....jesus wept.

lads ffs the money moyes was on we could afford a top notch manager FFS!!

*remembers who our chairman is and slits wrists!

It's going to cost us a few million to buy someone out of their contract (hence Hughes being mentioned).

O'Neil main transfers 2006-Present
2006-07
Petrov £6.5 million
Young £9 million
Maloney £1 million
2007-08
Reo-Coker £8.5 million
Knight £3.5 million
Routledge £1.25 million
2008-09
Heskey £3.5 million
Sidwell £5 million
Young £6 million
Cuellar £7.8 million
Milner £12 million
2009-10
Downing £10 million
Collins £5 million
Dunne £5 million
2010-11
Ireland £8 million
Bent £24 million
2011-12
-
2012-13
Benteke £7 million
Vlaar £3.2 million

You wot? O'Neill bought those last two?

Everyone's going on about Pereira. But its based on what? Being a poor man's AVB?

There seems to be a lot of flash in the pan names getting thrown about. Laudrup, effin Malky Makay....jesus wept.

I agree about Pereira, for the record. But you were using ramos, who won trophies in europe, as an example of why picking up someone who had success in one league doesn't mean they can do it in another. Walter Smith would be another example, who also had success in europe, but couldn't cut it in england.

And, fair enough it's a risk, but I'd rather take a risk than sure failiure which is what I think hughes, Oneill, etc are. We know how they fare in the prem and it's struggling.

I agree about Pereira, for the record. But you were using ramos, who won trophies in europe, as an example of why picking up someone who had success in one league doesn't mean they can do it in another. Walter Smith would be another example, who also had success in europe, but couldn't cut it in england.

And, fair enough it's a risk, but I'd rather take a risk than sure failiure which is what I think hughes, Oneill, etc are. We know how they fare in the prem and it's struggling.

But he won league cups lad....

For the record, O'Neill spent £18m net up to the Summer window when he resigned. So he moaned about lack of transfer funds, despite being given £18m after player sales and £45m the year before. Tit.

Last edited:
James Nursey@JamesNursey
I'm expecting Vítor Pereira to feature strongly in race for #EFC Everton post. Reckon EFC fans will want to google him later this wk!

James Nursey@JamesNursey
I note Vitor Pereira's odds are coming down. He's out of contract & told Everton keen. Let's see after Porto v Benfica Saturday

Could somebody give me a reason why the majority of fans are so against Mark Hughes?? Personally, I think he fits the bill.

He's quite literally a poor mans AVB because they sold his two best players and give him nout in return to spend, still they're unbeaten in the league, but **** it lets get Steve Bruce..

got a liking for the man at Porto, Pereira!. Cut from the same cloth as Mourinho and AVB and like them 2, as done really well at Porto!. The thing with the likes of these 3, there attention to detail when it comes to tactics, formations, the oppostion etc is second to none and there teams are organised but play with some style and i think at this moment in time, would suit us to the ground!.

no 1 vitor pereira fc porto contract up end of season

no2 diego simeone contract up end of season i think ath madrid

no 3 martinez

no4 di matteo

Status
Not open for further replies.