Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He left Villa because Lerner sold his best players and refused to let him spend so they could push on. Something Moyes never did and took it in the arse by the chairman.

As for Sunderland...he bought Adam Johnson, who everyone here was creaming after. And Steven Fletcher...a striker who guarantees 10 goals a season...he paid a fair whack for him. But we shouldnt really talk about strikers and how much they can be worth.

He got sacked. It didnt work. That happens.

But like I say, he doesnt know how to get a bargin. That's his problem. Dont have a problem with him as a manager.

He spent £85m net on players for Villa in four seasons, and then spat his dummy when Lerner decided they need to sell some players.

I dont understand how managers with experience (and experience of winning) can be seen as a worse option than hiring a complete novice who'd need two or three seasons to find their feet?

Lennon is a an absolute idiot who has finished 2nd and in a horse race before winning a 1 horse race. Throw in last seasons title when Rangers imploded and a few mickey mouse cups.

Benitez, noway we could have an ex-red as manager despite his credentials. Beside which, could we afford, doubt it, could we ever love him, hell no.

Perriera not experienced enough.

Redknapp, out and out criminal.

Atleast with someone like Big Dunc or Stubbs they know the club, they know the league.

As opposed to a Mike Walker mark 2? Again, Mourinho and Wenger had never managed in england before, either.

Mourinho just won the Champions League. Wenger is a complete one off. Someone saw something in him and took a punt.

You think we'd get that lucky? Oh and then there's the money problem. Something both those two managers never have compared to us

Didn't vote Laudrup, as I think that unrealistic. Europe plus low expectations plus looking at a big job in Spain in a year or two.

I want, in order:

Laudrup (though unrealistic)
Mackay
Zola
Di Matteo
Bilic

I do not want (in order, most hated first):
Hughes
Lennon
Redknapp
Martinez

I have no idea about:
Big Dunc, Phil Neville, Perrera.

I am weirdly excited about, but would boo:
Fat waiter.

Last edited:
Lennon is a an absolute idiot who has finished 2nd and in a horse race before winning a 1 horse race. Throw in last seasons title when Rangers imploded and a few mickey mouse cups.

Benitez, noway we could have an ex-red as manager despite his credentials. Beside which, could we afford, doubt it, could we ever love him, hell no.

Atleast with someone like Big Dunc or Stubbs they know the club, they know the league.

Lennon just guided Celtic to their lowest ever winning points total, despite their only big rivals being removed from the league.

Superb manager.

I'd have Martinez but ive got a liking for the man at Porto, Pereira!. Cut from the same cloth as Mourinho and AVB and like them 2, as done really well at Porto!. The thing with the likes of these 3, there attention to detail when it comes to tactics, formations, the oppostion etc is second to none and there teams are organised but play with some style and i think at this moment in time, would suit us to the ground!.

Ive been seeing Lennon being made the favourite for the job but i'll be seriously pissed off at his appointment!. Yeah, he did well in CL but when it came to SPL in a one team league, they didnt exactly run away with it did they!.

Is that really enough though? Aren't we looking to kick on rather than train someone up?

Mourinho just won the Champions League. Wenger is a complete one off. Someone saw something in him and took a punt.

You think we'd get that lucky? Oh and then there's the money problem. Something both those two managers never have compared to us

I think I'd rather pick a manager who has no experience in the prem than one who's a known failure in it.

See Benitez and Ancelotti as other examples of men who managed to transfer success in a non english league to the prem. Or for that matter see Ferguson or Moyes.

I really do think di Matteo is a good shout. He has won the FA Cup and the Champions League. He is young and will be eager to prove that he can make it at the top level. Plays good football but keeps it fairly solid at the back.

Worth a punt in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.