Moyes knows his time with Everton is up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something nobody talks about, if he decides to stay, he will want a huge wage rise, he is already on what 65-75K, how much will he want? 100K?

I think he's gone to be honest. Since he said he'd wait and see what happens, has anything happened that would really convince him to stay? Another trophyless season, another failed transfer window, faltering in the league and looking likely to miss out on Europe again.

All that could be said as enough reason for us to let him go.

I suppose his statement about seeing how we do in the cup and league was just about ambiguous enough for him to get away with staying, even if Everton end up finishing below West Brom (hopefully there aren't enough games for Swansea to make up five points).

He's going to look like an idiot though.

All that could be said as enough reason for us to let him go.

Totally agree mate.

Kenwright would never do that though, he knows Moyes will publicly support him to the hilt.

I'm not advocating sacking Moyes by the way, just saying there's not much reason for us to offer him another huge contract.

He knew as soon as he didn't sign that it would bollox the season. He must have been tapped up, it's the only explanation

He's in a terrible position now - one of his own making (if he hasn't already sorted himself out a move, that is). I cant see any club thought to be 'bigger' than us taking a chance on him; and if he re-signs with us not only will people suspiciously eye it as him accepting second best, but the time he's allowed for this to fester has also allowed supporters to build up hopes for managers who could come in and do a better job, and there'll be disappointment if he does renew. In short, he's destabilised his own standing at the club. I do still think he'll be manager for the next few years though.

He's got no where else to go.

He's in a terrible position now - one of his own making (if he hasn't already sorted himself out a move, that is). I cant see any club thought to be 'bigger' than us taking a chance on him; and if he re-signs with us not only will people suspiciously eye it as him accepting second best, but the time he's allowed for this to fester has also allowed supporters to build up hopes for managers who could come in and do a better job, and there'll be disappointment if he does renew. In short, he's destabilised his own standing at the club. I do still think he'll be manager for the next few years though.

Exactly my thoughts mate. He has burned bridges with sections of the support for sure. It just feels like he is hanging on for something better which as an Evertonian is not acceptable. He has reduced his own stock at Everton and in light of us bottling yet another big game, has arguably reduced his stock elsewhere. Unless the Germany rumours are correct, i can't see where he will go. THe only other possibility is he just going to leave and take some time out. Will be interesting anyway!

Sorry but I disagree. I think he will leave. He is putting all that he has worked for on the line by waiting this long, he simply wouldn't do that if he wasn't seriously thinking about a fresh challenge. Its looking more like a natural end to things by the hour.

He did this with his last contract.

I personally hope he goes, I've wanted him to move on for 3 years now and only the 1st few months of this season made me think he had learnt and maybe I was wrong. I wasn't, all the same problems still exist and a change is needed.

I would be delighted if the man who replaced him is Martinez.

Where in Germany would he go though? Ive heard people mention Schalke but they're still in the champions league and 4th in the table, why would they take on Moyes? Dortmund is a job too big for him. Bayer Leverkusen are on course to qualify for the CL too.

That leaves the likes of Hamburg and Borussia Mönchengladbach big German clubs but a sideways move?

edit: just realised Schalke got knocked out, still got through to the knockout stages though.

Something nobody talks about, if he decides to stay, he will want a huge wage rise, he is already on what 65-75K, how much will he want? 100K?

Is this a fact? I'd love to see something to back this up.

I think he's gone to be honest. Since he said he'd wait and see what happens, has anything happened that would really convince him to stay? Another trophyless season, another failed transfer window, faltering in the league and looking likely to miss out on Europe again.

But to me he can be his own downfall.

When you think about it, although he's been in the job for 11/12 years, he's still wet behind the ears in massive aspects of top management. For the fact he's being time rich in the job, you learn from mistakes. And over that time the mistakes have come not from game to game, but also from season to season on and off the field.

For this season, he's gone hell for leather to stop the rot of the "poor starts to the season" and totally not handled the run it. Its a complete reversal. Instead of planning the season out fully, he's still only getting his team to play half of a season.

Then there's his own ego that over the years and 3 LMA awards and praise heaped on him, clouds his own judgement on players, the idea of rotation, the differences in tactics etc.

This sounds like its filtered through to the transfer market this Jan. He's always defended the board, now seems unhappy at how he cant push things on. Yet, he still sanctioned bids for only 2 major 1st team players. Why he didn't look at bolstering the squad with loans/free/cheap players to help ease the burden is odd as he's done so in the past.

If he'd been manager for 3 or 4 clubs prior to Everton, he'd be a more rounded manager. At the moment he's a manager with exceptional talent, but even after 13 years of management, still lacking certain traits to stop people questioning his ways. It what happens when you stay in any job for years.

I think you're all underestimating how good of a manger he actually is. It's bound to happen when the team is going through a poor spell, ask us as fans if we'd wanted him to stay at the end of September and the overwhelming majority would have said yes.

I think his standing in the game will land him a job bigger than Everton. Maybe not straight away this Summer but eventually someone will take a chance on him. Brendan Rodgers got the Liverpool job this summer on the back of less.

Status
Not open for further replies.