Moyes knows his time with Everton is up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del

Ric Wee fan club member 2014
really like David. I rate him very highly as a manager and just as much as a person. He never shirks a question: he's straightforward and honest to the core.

Perhaps that's why I shy away from asking anything that might embarrass him.

Though I've felt for quite a while that he and Everton might be going separate ways – what more can he do there? – I've never put him on the spot.

Instead, when we met up, I shook his hand and said it's terrific the way Everton are sitting high up in the Premier League.

"Yes Alan," he replied. "But we're playing right to our limit."

I thought it a somewhat downbeat assessment of their position, but maybe David had a premonition of what was to happen on Saturday at Goodison Park.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/s...ows-his-time-with-everton-is-up-29123618.html

will be interesting to see what happens at the end of the season, especially if we miss out on Europe. Would he sign a new contract without the extra challenge of European football? Is he just coming to the end of a natural cycle, I mean 11 years is a hell of a long time in football, maybe he is just feeling ready for a new challenge.

David Moyes is a shrewd judge of a players footballing skill but he is just as shrewd when it comes to judging a players character. He can manage of that there is little doubt. However he has hit a glass ceiling with us and vice versa and its painfully obvious that the time is right to go our separate ways. Its a like marriage that still has some love left but its labouring by the day and testing everyone concerned. I think like a lot of fellow Blues in that far from hating him I have simply grown bored of him

really like David. I rate him very highly as a manager and just as much as a person. He never shirks a question: he's straightforward and honest to the core.

Perhaps that's why I shy away from asking anything that might embarrass him.

Though I've felt for quite a while that he and Everton might be going separate ways – what more can he do there? – I've never put him on the spot.

Instead, when we met up, I shook his hand and said it's terrific the way Everton are sitting high up in the Premier League.

"Yes Alan," he replied. "But we're playing right to our limit."

I thought it a somewhat downbeat assessment of their position, but maybe David had a premonition of what was to happen on Saturday at Goodison Park.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/s...ows-his-time-with-everton-is-up-29123618.html

I would be sad to see him go. Some of the most exciting and happiest moments of my football fandom have come from watching his Everton team (Beating Man United in the cup semi, The derby wins, the match with Stoke where he got sent to the stands). This is the best I've ever known it (Am too young to remember the Kendall days in the 80's)

Would be upsetting and a tad scary should he eventually choose to leave, especially when there isn't a replacement waiting in the wings that I'm fully confident in (Not buying the Martinez stuff I'm afraid)

Sad times :(

image.png

He's in a terrible position now - one of his own making (if he hasn't already sorted himself out a move, that is). I cant see any club thought to be 'bigger' than us taking a chance on him; and if he re-signs with us not only will people suspiciously eye it as him accepting second best, but the time he's allowed for this to fester has also allowed supporters to build up hopes for managers who could come in and do a better job, and there'll be disappointment if he does renew. In short, he's destabilised his own standing at the club. I do still think he'll be manager for the next few years though.

He's in a terrible position now - one of his own making (if he hasn't already sorted himself out a move, that is). I cant see any club thought to be 'bigger' than us taking a chance on him; and if he re-signs with us not only will people suspiciously eye it as him accepting second best, but the time he's allowed for this to fester has also allowed supporters to build up hopes for managers who could come in and do a better job, and there'll be disappointment if he does renew. In short, he's destabilised his own standing at the club. I do still think he'll be manager for the next few years though.

Correct.

Say what you like about Moyes but you cannot question his loyalty to the club. I know he gets paid handsomely but would you turn down 75 grand a week if it was offered ? The glaring hole is that in 11 years of trying he has ultimately failed to add to our history. He has sailed the ship into steady waters and that is admirable but sadly as we all know its simply not enough in the ruthless world of modern football. Its time

Sorry but I disagree. I think he will leave. He is putting all that he has worked for on the line by waiting this long, he simply wouldn't do that if he wasn't seriously thinking about a fresh challenge. Its looking more like a natural end to things by the hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.