MOTD editing

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come when Sterling falls over every week over nothing they never highlight him and call his actions a disgrace? Wilshere too?

Does anyone think that possibly Ross did just fall over as he is wont to do? Shearer said he was obviously embarrassed because he jumped up so quickly, but his facial expression was blank as usual.

It just isn't something I've seen him do before, a blatant dive without any contact. But then again, it was Nolan so perhaps it was a deliberate dive.

Does anyone think that possibly Ross did just fall over as he is wont to do? Shearer said he was obviously embarrassed because he jumped up so quickly, but his facial expression was blank as usual.

It just isn't something I've seen him do before, a blatant dive without any contact. But then again, it was Nolan so perhaps it was a deliberate dive.

It was a blatant dive and not the first time he's done it.

Didn't see MOTD for our game but i'm assuming they discussed his dive, but did they comment on Tomkins holding his face?

In many ways thats worse cause rather than trying to con the ref to get a free kick you're conning the ref to get someone sent off. And being a complete tart who would cry if someone actually did shove you in the face.

Yeah, when Alan Shearer is talking sense you know you're in trouble.

Savage is a complete and utter idiot who's brain doesn't engage before his mouth so just spouts out a load of crap.

You'd think an ex player and pundit would actually know the rules of the game.

shearer argued that if you tackle a player and have two feet off the ground its a straight red, he said that is in the rules.

1. i would argue that i dont think the rules are worded like that

2. if two players jump up for a header and 1 player lands on his toes is that a straight red then? two feet off the ground and all?

3. was the west brom player even tackling costa? he was tackling the ball if anything and won it cleanly. the chelsea player then ran into him due to his momentum.

Didn't see MOTD for our game but i'm assuming they discussed his dive, but did they comment on Tomkins holding his face?

In many ways thats worse cause rather than trying to con the ref to get a free kick you're conning the ref to get someone sent off. And being a complete tart who would cry if someone actually did shove you in the face.
TBF they called Tomkins' efforts embarassing and Savage talked about when he did it and how mortified he was afterwards.

shearer argued that if you tackle a player and have two feet off the ground its a straight red, he said that is in the rules.

1. i would argue that i dont think the rules are worded like that

2. if two players jump up for a header and 1 player lands on his toes is that a straight red then? two feet off the ground and all?

3. was the west brom player even tackling costa? he was tackling the ball if anything and won it cleanly. the chelsea player then ran into him due to his momentum.

No "two footed" isn't in the rules but i assumed Shearer was referring to the following :

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the
front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force
and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play
Same as "studs up" isn't specifically inb the rules but always gets mentioned becasue of the danger that can come from tackling with your studs up.

Yacob ran towards Costa/the ball, jumped off the ground with both feet pointing up (thus studs showing) and took the ball and a small part of Costa.

The fact he won the ball has nothing to do with it. The fact he didn't break Costa's leg has nothing to do with it.

He was sent off because he lunged at an opponent when going for the ball usuing excessive force, there's no need to launch your whole body off the ground with both feet pointing up. If he had made more contact with Costa he could easily have caused serious injury.

There's one angle (from behind the goal i think) which really does show up how bad a challenge it was.

I have seen Ross take the odd tumble, but its usually the one where the attacker instigates the contact. This was so far away from Nolan it just planted a tiny doubt in my mind. He often falls over when trying to inject a burst of pace. But alas, you're right - he was cheating.

Status
Not open for further replies.