MOTD editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrb85

Player Valuation: £35m
How can a programme that purports to show match highlights have edited out the best move of the whole of yesterday's game -- the first minute double one-two between Lukaku and Eto'o ending with Eto'o shooting wide?

On a different matter on watching the programme, I noticed that we allowed Sunderland to take the free kick that gave them their goal some 4 yards closer than where Baines's trip occurred (and also a few yards to the left so that it was in the ideal position for Larrsen to have the shot). Only Everton would not have made sure it was taken further back. We didn't even give it a thought. Last of the Corinthians, and an instance of the team increasingly reflecting the mild, laid back character of its manager. We need to be harder, nastier, more professional. This is a cut throat business nowadays, not a sport for gentlemen.

Well having not watched it yet,them not putting it in does not surprise,the same way as in Bony's chance for swansea last week not put in the edit either,there's been so many times they have missed the massive taking points,chelsea should have had a player sent off v us at goodison last year i think it was for 2nd yellow bring down mirallas i think it was on the half way line,he would have had pretty much a free run at goal,but they didnt show it for example.

To be fair, they have to get 90 mins down to about 8 or something, including replays. They caught all the controversial stuff well enough I thought, and they also were pretty fair with the red card/yellow card issue with Sunderland players.

How can a programme that purports to show match highlights have edited out the best move of the whole of yesterday's game -- the first minute double one-two between Lukaku and Eto'o ending with Eto'o shooting wide?

On a different matter on watching the programme, I noticed that we allowed Sunderland to take the free kick that gave them their goal some 4 yards closer than where Baines's trip occurred (and also a few yards to the left so that it was in the ideal position for Larrsen to have the shot). Only Everton would not have made sure it was taken further back. We didn't even give it a thought. Last of the Corinthians, and an instance of the team increasingly reflecting the mild, laid back character of its manager. We need to be harder, nastier, more professional. This is a cut throat business nowadays, not a sport for gentlemen.
To be honest we were the same under moyes,there was an instance first half yesterday when Baines got in the box at great pace and a defender went in,no contact but bainseycould easily have given the ref the decision to make,all very commendable but gets you nothing unfortunately.

My god, people still watch MOTD none the less moan about the ancient 'punditry and analysis'. C'mon lads. If you have a decent internet connection, you can watch entire games shortly after... if you don't, i suggest swerving MOTD.

My god, people still watch MOTD none the less moan about the ancient 'punditry and analysis'. C'mon lads. If you have a decent internet connection, you can watch entire games shortly after... if you don't, i suggest swerving MOTD.

Can you pm me a site for that activity?

To be fair, they have to get 90 mins down to about 8 or something, including replays. They caught all the controversial stuff well enough I thought, and they also were pretty fair with the red card/yellow card issue with Sunderland players.

Was a strange bit of editing though, was the standout move of the match, yet they showed 2 replays of Sunderland winning a corner which came to nothing.

It doesn't help that they try to make a game look even - especially when it ends in a draw. Frustrating really because we dominated the match but let them in and then clawed our way back into it.

Was a strange bit of editing though, was the standout move of the match, yet they showed 2 replays of Sunderland winning a corner which came to nothing.

I missed the actual move to be fair, was banning folk in the match thread for the first few minutes!

Status
Not open for further replies.