Matthew Kennedy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personaly i dont think kennedy ,mcaleny, lunstrum and maybe even long are not good enough
The 2 youngsters i think we may see abit more of this season will be browning and garbutt
Lundstram's 20. From all reports he has had good loan spells. Still time for him, and for the four you've written off. Not sure there's many teams out there that are churning out 20 year old PL stars.

McManaman forced his way into the first team at Wigan but it took him a while.

I get the impression he mostly bought in young players from the lower leagues mccarthy style rather than promoted too much from the youth. See buying Ashley Williams from Stockport, for instance.

McManaman seems the obvious one he introduced to first team football.

It's a strange one. He's made a big deal about players thinking they're ready by late teens but not really being ready and requiring another tier of football to bring them through. Maybe that accounts for this record.

Yeah, was going to say that. the youth system simply wasn't there.

Certainly he's not scared of playing youth like Moyes was but I do think bringing in kids straight from the youth team isn't something he's had to do much before. Possibly it's why he's so fond of sending them on loan? We never used to do that much but now we're all about giving them a chance at pro football in the lower leagues. I like it a lot.

Lundstram's 20. From all reports he has had good loan spells. Still time for him, and for the four you've written off. Not sure there's many teams out there that are churning out 20 year old PL stars.
Wouldnt say ic written them off, just dont think they will make it at everton one way or another.
With lundstrum he has barry besic mcarthy n gibson ahead of him with besic only a year older and mcarthy 3. Add to that ledson coming through really quickly i just cant see him getting the oportunity. Could get it somewere else though

Wouldnt say ic written them off, just dont think they will make it at everton one way or another.
With lundstrum he has barry besic mcarthy n gibson ahead of him with besic only a year older and mcarthy 3. Add to that ledson coming through really quickly i just cant see him getting the oportunity. Could get it somewere else though
True, there are a lot of deeper midfielders around the first team at the moment. Who knows, maybe he's a Championship level player. I'd wait 2 years before making a decision regardless.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-loan-watch-matt-7774943
Matthew Kennedy grabbed an assist as Hibernian won and moved up to sixth in the Scottish Championship.
The on-loan Everton winger crossed for Jordon Foster to head home the first goal of the game against Cowdenbeath.

The score was locked at 2-2 going into injury time, but Hibs’ Jason Cummings netted with almost the last kick of the game to make it 3-2. Kennedy played the full match for Alan Stubbs’ side.

Glad his loan seems to be going well.

Fact is, FF is now producing a lot of young players. Even if they're good enough to get first team football, they still may not manage to oust the incumbent in their position. It's sad to see prospects leaving but sometimes its for the best for both parties. Shame we can't get more cash out of it though.

We need a left winger more than any other position for me, so if any attacking player is going to break through it's this lad. Take your chance...

He's not starting regularly in the Scottish second tier even with Stubbsy managing. Love to be wrong but it doesn't look as promising as when he first signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.