Matthew Kennedy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was he given a chance? I cant remember him getting past a sub slot on the bench.

Given what RM said in the early part of the summer before the friendlies were even planned I thought a lot of these players would get game time. Only McAleny and Long got a fair run out, IMO.

Was he given a chance? I cant remember him getting past a sub slot on the bench.

Given what RM said in the early part of the summer before the friendlies were even planned I thought a lot of these players would get game time. Only McAleny and Long got a fair run out, IMO.

We're obsessed that ANY youngsters we have are good enough and just need a run of games or a chance. It's quite redicilous. Prob knows he not ready currently without the need to play him in pre season.

You don't win anything with just kids!
You get relegated with average kids!

tbh, I thought he did alright when he actually had the ball at his feet & managed to put a few dangerous looking balls into the box. I thought the problem was more that he was starved of the ball on his rare occasions on the pitch.
Either way, here's hoping he has a fruitful loan spell.

For me they get their chance to impress every single day.

Personaly i dont think kennedy ,mcaleny, lunstrum and maybe even long are not good enough
The 2 youngsters i think we may see abit more of this season will be browning and garbutt

We're obsessed that ANY youngsters we have are good enough and just need a run of games or a chance. It's quite redicilous. Prob knows he not ready currently without the need to play him in pre season.

You don't win anything with just kids!
You get relegated with average kids!

For me they get their chance to impress every single day.

I'm inclined to agree with you both. I was more trying to highlight what seems to have been a strategy this summer window: to give out the belief time needed to be used up on sifting though the squad periphery before entering the market. I'm sure RM and his staff knew very well already that there's not a lot of diamonds in the rough.

Some of the selections have been puzzling - Ledson made the bench for the last few games game if the season and was apparently meant to start in the final game, if not for Team GB!

Some of the selections have been puzzling - Ledson made the bench for the last few games game if the season and was apparently meant to start in the final game, if not for Team GB!

What have team GB got to do with the price of fish?

I have no idea, but did Martinez have a record of bringing through younger players to the first team at Swansea and Wigan? I dont get the impression he did.

I have no idea, but did Martinez have a record of bringing through younger players to the first team at Swansea and Wigan? I dont get the impression he did.

Fair point, he got Victor Moses from Palace, loaned the likes of Cleverly and Henriquiz, signed James McCarthy and I might be corrected here but think he brought Sinclair to Swansea from Chelsea, as for bringing players through - apart from Barckley and Stones - I'm struggling! Christ now I'm worried!

McManaman forced his way into the first team at Wigan but it took him a while.

I get the impression he mostly bought in young players from the lower leagues mccarthy style rather than promoted too much from the youth. See buying Ashley Williams from Stockport, for instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.