Lukaku to Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Impressive stat mate. He does add a goalscoring threat to our team and I have said previously that he's good, I like him and I want him to stay....but I don't think he's that amazing that we should pin all our hopes on him and blow our entire transfer budget on him if it comes to that. Personally, I think our all round game has been so much better this season that even if we had a slightly "weaker" striker than Lukaku, we would still have gotten goals out of him. That's just my feeling and it's all about opinions but stating that Lukaku will definitely turn into the next Drogba (as some have in the past)and giving a time-frame for that is also guesswork.
I will leave it to Martinez to sort out but I'm not going to stress every time he gets linked to a "big" club especially if it drags on into the WC when agents will be trying to bleed us dry. Let's not set ourselves up for disappointment when some big money team comes in for him and offers double the wages we can afford. I'm just being realistic here-not trying to be negative at all.
Either way, I'm looking forward to an interesting summer:)

I agree. I really like the big guy and his enormous positive and hard working attitude. And I also really think highly of Martinez as a manager (of young talent). If they could form some sort of awesome training/evolving combination for the next two or three years, that would be awesome.
But if Martinez doesn't see Lukaku evolving as much as the lad does himself, so be it, and then we shouldn't bid for the Tank.
I'd really like to see the first option though.

I agree. I really like the big guy and his enormous positive and hard working attitude. And I also really think highly of Martinez as a manager (of young talent). If they could form some sort of awesome training/evolving combination for the next two or three years, that would be awesome.
But if Martinez doesn't see Lukaku evolving as much as the lad does himself, so be it, and then we shouldn't bid for the Tank.
I'd really like to see the first option though.

Definitely, RM seems like a smart guy and if he thinks he can develop Lukaku into the complete striker and a possible deal is in place behind the scenes, then why not?! If that's the case, I hope that if/when he fulfills his potential, we get to reap most of the benefits.

I also find it disturbing how so many people keep on emphasising his flaws. I mean Papin, Inzaghi, Makaay, Vab Nistelrooy and other topstrikers like them all had flaws in their game, but I think their club and national teams were pretty happy with their goals.
1 goal in 2 matches in the PL at the age of 20 ... Nuff said.

Probably has the most offsides i can ever remember from a top player, use to drive me insane watching Italian footy with him constantly 7-8 times per game going too early, then he'd time it right and bang 2 in...

Joe Allen.
20 million.

JOE ALLEN!!
15 million but yeah point stands, Swansea will hold out for good money for their best players. Bony cost a fortune and has had a good season, I'm not sure I'd gamble on paying the huge fee Swansea will demand.

There is something about Bony that I'm still to be convinced about and I'd rather look elsewhere.

they didn't even hold out for that. liverpool just paid it and they bit their hand off - same as henderson.

I think the scruff had a 15m buy out clause as long as it was from a club deemed in the top 5 or 6. Something like that I remember it was because Rogers had said he wouldn't go back for any Swansea players out of respect then couldn't wait to get on his unicorn and give ickle Joe Allen a lift up to the pit.

Naismith a has improved a lot in the last year. Anyone's first touch gets worse as they tire. I honestly think fitness is his main issue.

Don't buy that at all, the lad is 20 FFS. Trains during week, played consecutive games of late after a spell out, he should be at peak fitness.

It's funny how rest of team are full of running and look fit as fiddles yet Rom looks a lazy tw@t.

Goal scoring wise he'll get better and better but his touch won't much and he needs to seriously work on his hold up and link up play IMO.

But cos he will improve on his goal scoring each year, that's why I'd still like us to sign him, if the price is right.

I think the scruff had a 15m buy out clause as long as it was from a club deemed in the top 5 or 6. Something like that I remember it was because Rogers had said he wouldn't go back for any Swansea players out of respect then couldn't wait to get on his unicorn and give ickle Joe Allen a lift up to the pit.

you do realise me and joe are boyhood friends like, so less of the scruff talk! ha.

his sister has just started working with me actually, i'm so telling on you.

you do realise me and joe are boyhood friends like, so less of the scruff talk! ha.

his sister has just started working with me actually, i'm so telling on you.

You can be honest with me mate, I bet he was a scruff as a kid. The kind from the book Kes. He won't take offence, sure his sister has called him worse. Got 3 sisters myself and there was usually a few choice words added before the word scruff :)

You can be honest with me mate, I bet he was a scruff as a kid. The kind from the book Kes. He won't take offence, sure his sister has called him worse. Got 3 sisters myself and there was usually a few choice words added before the word scruff :)

really nice lad, quiet and a tad cheeky but in a good way.

Status
Not open for further replies.