Lille - Info (Travel, Hotels, Bars, Directions etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supermarkets are cheap. You can get a box of Kronenbourg or something for like 15-20 euros. A pack of 6 coke-can size beers was 5.80 when I was there.

Bars around Grand Place are the most expensive, and there's 2 or 3 that are actually in the Grand Place which are ridiculous. From Grand place walk through to Rihour, and the little street through has about 10 bars on it which are cheaper. Or go out the other side to Place de L'Opera.

Also down by Flandres Station or anywhere away from the exact centre is cheap enough.
The Old Town is probably second most expensive.

The whole city is cheaper than Paris for sure, and more friendly, and cleaner, and safer :)

A pint is maybe 5 euros average. But then some places it is only 3 euros ish. You can tell usually by how the place looks and the furniture etc. Good news is there's no one area that's different, there's a mix of prices in every area.

You can get a full on meal in a restaurant for about 15 euros, or pay up to whatever you want basically. Street counter snack bars that do sandwiches/kebabs etc actually do ****** massive sandwiches for about 3 euros, and kebabs etc for about 5.

Cant wait :)

I've just booked my tickets and can't wait! Eurostar tickets seem to be getting pricier for returns on Friday so I thoguht I'd get it done!

DepartsLondon St Pancras Int'l at 6:50 on Thursday 23rd October
ArrivesLille Europe at 9:30
£34.99

DepartsLille Europe at 20:30 on Friday 24th October
ArrivesLondon St Pancras Int'l at 21:03
£64.99

and a night in a B&B for about £45.

£145 in now all I need is a ticket!!! :D

hmm, time to look into using my arl fellas caravan in Normandy then I think, he'll be back by then but site owner could forward it to me.

I mean it might be possible that you don't, I haven't got that far on the site, but then I guess you'd have to show ID at the stadium to collect. Then I guess the lack of a French ID card, a British passport and the lack of French might just find people out!

Last edited:
I mean it might be possible that you don't, I haven't got that far on the site, but then I guess you'd have to show ID at the stadium to collect. Then I guess the lack of a French ID card, a British passport and the lack of French might just find people out!

think they do e-tickets that you print though, so with a gmail address or similar that would be gotten around

Status
Not open for further replies.