2017/18 Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
sake lads, he was horrendously exposed by Bolasie going walkabouts, Baines inst the problem
He is not the worst no doubt but he isnt good enough to push for top 6. Himself and jads need replacing or we will remain midtable team.Can believe im saying our aim is top 6 next season. Dream low.

He is not the worst no doubt but he isnt good enough to push for top 6. Himself and jads need replacing or we will remain midtable team.Can believe im saying our aim is top 6 next season. Dream low.
I'm not saying I wouldn't like better but we have bigger concerns in most other areas of the pitch, sort them and Baines' shortcomings are even less of a problem, but I'll accept that we have no cover there so need another LB so may as well go for a Baines replacement. Hell I dont know, we are in a mess and I'm half way to getting in a mess. Pass me more beer.

Clearly his best days have gone but still got something to offer I think. for some reason English LB's across the country seem to be struggling. Luke Shaw cant get a game, Danny Rose looks miles off what he was last year, players like Bertrand, Gibbs are just OK

Like us, he has no idea what Bolasie is going to do when he's on the ball.

Bolasie is the complete opposite to Pienaar.

Bolasie is the issue.

Not really. Baines has struggled for a while and Bolasie was not available due to injury during that time.

I agree in a way though, I think you can get away with keeping Baines in the side if you get the right player to play in front of him. Would prefer another option to compete for his place at the very least though.

"Leighton has done exceptionally well to get fit and come back so strongly. The senior players are vital at any club. With defenders, especially, it is not always about running and being the fittest and fastest. It is about experience, mentality, putting yourself in the right position and using all those things you have learned. Look at John Terry, in his mid-30s for Chelsea he was Premier League defender of the year and one of the best players in the division after he had been written off two or three years earlier. It is about experience and how to manage situations and Leighton Baines still has a lot to offer Everton.” - Danny Mills.

Ha Ha Ha. Utterly clueless.

Desperate for a replacement to be brought in asap. Take the rest of the Old Brigade with you; Jagielka, Williams, Rooney.

Desperate for a replacement to be brought in asap. Take the rest of the Old Brigade with you; Jagielka, Williams, Rooney.
We need to be thinking about and purchasing a successor, no doubt but desperate?

We are desperate for a CM that can play a forward pass.
We are desperate for a ST to supplement Tosun- one with rapid pace.
We are desperate for a CB to rid us of Williams.
We are desperate for a CM who can supplement / rotate with Gueye.

There is no desperation for Baines. He's an able full back who, as you rightly say, needs replacing in good time.

Needs replacing next season.

Thought last season he was fine, but was clearly in decline.

This season injured and when back, further still in decline.

Won’t get better next year, so replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.