Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't drop Baines because he's finished but rather because Garbutt looks a real talent and I don't want him leaving at 21 on a free for a 30 year old that has probably seen his best days.

I would have Garbutt in the side for his dead balls and crosses alone.

That's rubbish. Why do people make it seem that if you want a player dropped for a game you are essentially saying he's finished.

We have a squad and hopefully the most important games will be at the end of the season so players need rotatated and squad members need games otherwise they're demotivated. The festive period is a good time with so many games within a couple of weeks.

Look everyone, it's Harvey Dent.

Wouldn't mind seeing him on the left wing, especially given how poor our options are there. He's definitely got the skills to play there.

Baines was boss against City. Obviously a great ball for the goal, but he made a lot of blocks, tackles and clearances too.

Them f'ing corners, though.

Why can't they just play short corners? They must have realised they're abysmal at long corners by now.

May as well. Or just float one in and to the back post and try a knock down. I said to my dad as Barkley was taking one on Saturday "I'll give you 50/1 on this beating the first man" and genuinely meant it. Obviously my money was safe as Barkley basically scuffed one on to the first man's toes.

Best thing to do on corners would be to toey it as hard as possible out for a throw in as close to the opposite corner flag as possible. That way although we lose possession, there is no danger of an immediate counter attack, plus the slight possibility of us pinching the ball back off of them near to their goal so that we can play it back to Distin and then Robles from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.