Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually really want to see what he can do in the centre. With Garbutt impressing, McCarthy's injury, Barry off form, and the lack of creativity going forward. Baines is our most creative maybe we should try starting him in a position more suited to that strength.

I wouldn't drop Baines because he's finished but rather because Garbutt looks a real talent and I don't want him leaving at 21 on a free for a 30 year old that has probably seen his best days.

I would have Garbutt in the side for his dead balls and crosses alone.

By his standards of the last 4/5 years,last season he was still good but below the standards he set,going forward he has provided a lot of assists this season,defensively though he has been very poor,and at the end of the day he is a defender.

Morning all

I know he hasn't played there a lot, but what do we think about Baines' performances in midfield against Hull and Newcastle?

Long term replacement for Barry? Ie a holding midfielder with intelligent distribution?

I know this is a little late after those two games btw!

I thought he was a bit better in the second game there

Looked a little lost at Newcastle.

I just think he's a good left back though and that's perhaps where we should leave him.

I thought he was a bit better in the second game there

Looked a little lost at Newcastle.

I just think he's a good left back though and that's perhaps where we should leave him.

Not too long ago he was the best left back in the world some posters said. Now, he is finished and they want some spoilt brat with an attitude issue who won't sign a new contract to take his place.

Some bad two faced people on here.

You know who you are! He showed us loyalty not pushing for a move to Manchester United, I suggest some of you pick up a dictionary and look it up.

Not too long ago he was the best left back in the world some posters said. Now, he is finished and they want some spoilt brat with an attitude issue who won't sign a new contract to take his place.

Some bad two faced people on here.

You know who you are! He showed us loyalty not pushing for a move to Manchester United, I suggest some of you pick up a dictionary and look it up.
That's rubbish. Why do people make it seem that if you want a player dropped for a game you are essentially saying he's finished.

We have a squad and hopefully the most important games will be at the end of the season so players need rotatated and squad members need games otherwise they're demotivated. The festive period is a good time with so many games within a couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.