Left/Right wing options

Who would you play on the other wing from Kev?

• Pienaar

Votes: 40 29.6%
  • McGeady

Votes: 27 20.0%
  • Eto'o

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Lukaku

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Naismith

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Barkley

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New signing - options below

Votes: 32 23.7%
  • Oviedo

Votes: 30 22.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
my view...

McGeady...not good enough
Pienaar...Thanks for everything Steven but your time has past
The rest above....dont become Moyes and play people out of position

there is an opportunity to play one of baines and oviedo....but not sure I like that.

so I think that we only have an 80% answer today

In other words, sign a decent winger.

Have to be honest and say I do agree with the shouts about Pienaar. Think he is past his best and on the way out. Having said that, I don't think McGeady is that much better than a past-it Pienaar to be honest.

Need a new exciting young winger to come in.

Both cheap and good shouts, we were after Ayew in the summer too weren't we?

Not sure if we were after him, but we need someone who can play both wings. Mirallas for me is better on the left cutting inside (also leaves space for Baines). I would play Mirallas like an inside forward, where he can come inside from the left and sit on the other centre half while Rom occupies the other... this leaves space for Baines on the left. With Ayew/Coleman hugging the touchline on the right, this gives space for Barkley to run from deep. If it isnt working, swap Mirallas and Ayew.
Roberto OUT - me in! LOL

well if you take the left wing as an isolated problem then yes, but we also need strengthen elsewhere where we may have a less that 80% answer. So, centre back for example. We need a three or four year stop gap in my opinion to replace Distin / Jags....Stones et al are a little bit away for me.

Nastasic if we could get him.

Not sure if we were after him, but we need someone who can play both wings. Mirallas for me is better on the left cutting inside (also leaves space for Baines). I would play Mirallas like an inside forward, where he can come inside from the left and sit on the other centre half while Rom occupies the other... this leaves space for Baines on the left. With Ayew/Coleman hugging the touchline on the right, this gives space for Barkley to run from deep. If it isnt working, swap Mirallas and Ayew.
Roberto OUT - me in! LOL
This has been apparent for about a year now, but somehow a lot of people on here don't seem to acknowledge it.

We need to bring in a RW in Jan, either on loan or someone who is in the last six months of their contract elsewhere. If this new player can also do a job at 10, then so much the better. Pienaar and Osman haven't got much left in their tanks and whilst Mirallas and Oviedo can be the depth for LW we are, now Atsu only has one leg, virtually out of options on the right. And no, McGeady isn't good enough to start for a team with ambitions for the top 4.

This has been apparent for about a year now, but somehow a lot of people on here don't seem to acknowledge it.

We need to bring in a RW in Jan, either on loan or someone who is in the last six months of their contract elsewhere. If this new player can also do a job at 10, then so much the better. Pienaar and Osman haven't got much left in their tanks and whilst Mirallas and Oviedo can be the depth for LW we are, now Atsu only has one leg, virtually out of options on the right. And no, McGeady isn't good enough to start for a team with ambitions for the top 4.

Nailed it.

Do this in January:

Gerard-Deulofeu.jpg
Get Deufleu to pose in an everton shirt and sign some autographs? Good idea but it doesn't fix our winger problem.

Where is the Atsu option in the poll?!?! Gonna be brilliant second half of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.