Left/Right wing options

Who would you play on the other wing from Kev?

• Pienaar

Votes: 40 29.6%
  • McGeady

Votes: 27 20.0%
  • Eto'o

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Lukaku

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Naismith

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Barkley

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New signing - options below

Votes: 32 23.7%
  • Oviedo

Votes: 30 22.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluegirl

Player Valuation: £15m
Right, IMO we have a problem on the wings. We've got Kev who is class and depending on whether he plays right or left, who would you have on the other wing?

I'd love Naismith, Barkley and Mirallas all to play behind Lukaku but I don't think it works.

I wouldn't play our best striker (Lukaku) on the wing either and Eto'o isn't a winger.

So as Bobby plays a 4-2-3-1, we need to play two wingers...

Who would you play there?

(got to sign a decent out and out winger in Jan)

I honestly don't know as the options are all grim.

Basically we need to sign Neymar in January to solve all our problems.

Our worse position in my opinion in terms of options, we needed a winger in the summer and didn't get one (well Atsu, but that doesn't count). We need to get one in January if we want to win Europa, get CL or win the FA Cup.

Given money restrictions, probably Ayew from Marseille, only got a few months on his contract i believe.

Pienaar for me. Then sign someone either in Jan or summer. The rest not good enough wide men to be anything other than a temporary solution or used as cover.

I agree that we need to bring in a left winger, I just don't know who. Joel Campbell from Arsenal could be decent, looks pacey and is Costa Rican - do your thing Bry.

Barkley/Naismith/Eto'o are all number 10s or forwards and Rom is striker.

That leaves Oviedo, a past his best Pienaar or a McGeady who has to beat all 10 players then the goalkeeper before crossing f-ing thing.

Do this in January:

Gerard-Deulofeu.jpg

Andrew Ayew - £2m in Jan (out of contract in July) and/or:
Kopalanko (sic) £2m as above - the player the RS thought they had signed - if he turns out to be boss they will fume

Sell Pienaar as he is on about £50k for whatever we can get - there will be takers, particularly in the PL

my view...

McGeady...not good enough
Pienaar...Thanks for everything Steven but your time has past
The rest above....dont become Moyes and play people out of position

there is an opportunity to play one of baines and oviedo....but not sure I like that.

so I think that we only have an 80% answer today

Andrew Ayew - £2m in Jan (out of contract in July) and/or:
Kopalanko (sic) £2m as above - the player the RS thought they had signed - if he turns out to be boss they will fume

Sell Pienaar as he is on about £50k for whatever we can get - there will be takers, particularly in the PL

Both cheap and good shouts, we were after Ayew in the summer too weren't we?

Status
Not open for further replies.