Krasnodar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope the club announce an official trip for this today. I will be going.

Bit of advice mate, draw the money out over in Russia that you'll need for the trip via one of the multitude of visa/mcard bank machines, you'll pay like 8 quid in charges from your UK bank (no charge from the russian ones) for every 150 quid but the exchange rates you get in travel agents/post office back home for the RUB is absolutely atrocious

Bit of advice mate, draw the money out over in Russia that you'll need for the trip via one of the multitude of visa/mcard bank machines, you'll pay like 8 quid in charges from your UK bank (no charge from the russian ones) for every 150 quid but the exchange rates you get in travel agents/post office back home for the RUB is absolutely atrocious

Brilliant thanks for this tip. Still waiting on the official trip before I decide. Always wanted to tick Russia off though.

As for withdrawing cash out there I have been doing this in Europe the past couple of years and have found that the exchange rate usually works out slightly better that what were offered in the UK. I always use a Bank that's affiliated with Barclays to avoid withdrawal charges.

Can do a private invite mate as i have residency their now, but takes a month to process one of thise roughly with the fms and you need the original invitation letter then mailed the uk which usually takes a couple of weeks before you can then apply for your visa, so very little chance it'd be ready in time with it being a early oct game, would have been a good idea if the away was a later date.

Hope the info helps
Can do a private invite mate as i have residency their now, but takes a month to process one of thise roughly with the fms and you need the original invitation letter then mailed the uk which usually takes a couple of weeks before you can then apply for your visa, so very little chance it'd be ready in time with it being a early oct game, would have been a good idea if the away was a later date.

Hope the info helps
Thanks mate think we've found a company who will do all the hard work for us for 125

Brilliant thanks for this tip. Still waiting on the official trip before I decide. Always wanted to tick Russia off though.

As for withdrawing cash out there I have been doing this in Europe the past couple of years and have found that the exchange rate usually works out slightly better that what were offered in the UK. I always use a Bank that's affiliated with Barclays to avoid withdrawal charges.

Over here mate i use sherbank, get charged by TSB i think 7-8 quid per 150 but first time i ever came over thomas cook gave us around 350 out of the 500 the rate should have been so works out far better the way i do it nowadays.

Russia is brilliant - but then again i am a little biased ;)

Last edited:

Thanks mate think we've found a company who will do all the hard work for us for 125

125 is a pretty good price mate tbf, doing all the work yourself it'd still have cost around 90-95 quid so an extra 30 for all the hassle being removed is worth it

Over here mate i use sherbank, get charged by TSB i think 7-8 quid per 150 but first time i ever came over thomas cook gave us around 350 out of the 500 the rate should have been so works out far better the way i do it nowadays.

Russia is brilliant - but then again i am a little biased ;)

Cheers, sounds good. I will withdraw out there then.

What are the prices for food & Drink out in Krasnador ?

Cheers, sounds good. I will withdraw out there then.

What are the prices for food & Drink out in Krasnador ?

Will ask the missus mate when she calls (she's gone into hospital today as shes due to give birth soon) as she's been to their a couple of years back, away from Moscow it will be a lot cheaper - Moscow has that London price increase crap sadly :(

If it's roughly the same as where i am - 100km away from moscow you will pay about 80p -1 pound for a bottle of russian beer from the shop a lot more if its imported - stuff like Oettinger, bud and miller have their factories over here though so are reasonable priced about 1-20 or so, will pay a little bit to a lot more in a pub depending how 'classy' or poseurish they arer but still a lot cheaper than in Lpool like, food depends where ya eat, will pay around 10 - 15 quid for a ok restaurant meal with a drink or two, but can grab sound food out of kiosks as well - sharma - a kebab like thing which is addictive costs around 1-50 to 2 quid from those

Tip is try Borsch though it'll keep ya going on a session ;) and take advantage of bringing back some dirt cheap russian vodka - the supermarkets over here with their wall of vodkas or big stack of them is funny first time ya see it as is the Russian obsession with Sausages - bloody have their own shops dedicated to them lol

i was looking on a motherwell forum yesterday and they said its £3-6 a pint depending where you go,
which i found a bit mad.

Prices in the bars is a fair bit higher than buying from the shop mate, but that sounds pretty expensive even for Moscow, can't see Kras being anywhere near that price unless they've just hit the flashy looking places or hotel bars/clubs

I'll ask on a couple of the expat forums i'm member on and the facebook group as well for anyone living their who can provide more of a run down on things

Last edited:
Prices in the bars is a fair bit higher than buying from the shop mate, but that sounds pretty expensive even for Moscow, can't see Kras being anywhere near that price unless they've just hit the flashy looking places or hotel bars/clubs

I'll ask on a couple of the expat forums i'm member on and the facebook group as well for anyone living their who can provide more of a run down on things
i thought myself, but i thought minsk would have been cheap when we played there and it was £3/4 a pint in expat type pubs,
tbh i prefer the local places but,the irish type pubs seem to where everyone ends up.

Will ask the missus mate when she calls (she's gone into hospital today as shes due to give birth soon) as she's been to their a couple of years back, away from Moscow it will be a lot cheaper - Moscow has that London price increase crap sadly :(

If it's roughly the same as where i am - 100km away from moscow you will pay about 80p -1 pound for a bottle of russian beer from the shop a lot more if its imported - stuff like Oettinger, bud and miller have their factories over here though so are reasonable priced about 1-20 or so, will pay a little bit to a lot more in a pub depending how 'classy' or poseurish they arer but still a lot cheaper than in Lpool like, food depends where ya eat, will pay around 10 - 15 quid for a ok restaurant meal with a drink or two, but can grab sound food out of kiosks as well - sharma - a kebab like thing which is addictive costs around 1-50 to 2 quid from those

Tip is try Borsch though it'll keep ya going on a session ;) and take advantage of bringing back some dirt cheap russian vodka - the supermarkets over here with their wall of vodkas or big stack of them is funny first time ya see it as is the Russian obsession with Sausages - bloody have their own shops dedicated to them lol

Ha cheers for all this help. Hope the baby born is a blue ;)

Looking forward to the trip now, obviously depending on how much Everton want to charge us.

i thought myself, but i thought minsk would have been cheap when we played there and it was £3/4 a pint in expat type pubs,
tbh i prefer the local places but,the irish type pubs seem to where everyone ends up.

Aye the Expat pubs in Moscow are pricey as well mate, like always abroad best bargains are to be had in the places the locals drink, remember in Riga some of the places cost a fortune then we found a local club where it was dirt cheap on the last night

Status
Not open for further replies.