Krasnodar

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Guardian:

Roberto Martínez’s side will not be supported in huge numbers. Everton elected to cancel their customary official fans’ travel plans due to insufficient sign-up, unsurprising given that Krasnodar – situated 50 miles from the Black Sea and around 100 from the Winter Olympics host city, Sochi – is a 4,000-mile round trip away. Those who do make the journey will be visiting a club that did not exist until 2008, when the retail billionaire Sergey Galitsky decided to set up a new football operation in the city close to his birthplace.

Someone posted downthread on there that 475 fans is actually pretty damn good considering that it's not cheap and it's a long way to go for a midweek game.

Is this true ???

same as the 100 Liverpool took to Turkey, 100 looks very generous too

100826-030-trabzonspor_liverpool.jpg

Someone skilled with that kind of thing should make a split picture of Newcastle in Athens, Liverpool in Turkey, Spurs in Belgrade and us in Krasnodar with the number of fans took and the distance travelled underneath.

Then send it to the Mirror for them to try and laugh at us then.

Do agree with the above about Turkey, but we would have had far more there. Its debateable who has the best support in the Premier league domestically, but I can't think of anyone who is as good as us for the European games. Leeds would possibly be up there if they were involved.

The 1 thing that does make a difference is the amount these teams are in Europe.

Our first time back in 4 years.......Spurs in it every year.

The 1 thing that does make a difference is the amount these teams are in Europe.

I really doubt this would make any difference...we're in the premier league every season and still manage to take more away than most. Everton have always had a massive away following

We'd have still taken at least 1,000 to Belgrade I reckon. Probably more. Regardless of how often we'd have been in Europe, but I do take your point.

I really doubt this would make any difference...we're in the premier league every season and still manage to take more away than most. Everton have always had a massive away following

Course it makes a difference. Spurs fans also had a season in the CL, so the EL is not THAT important to some of their fans.

Spurs have a very good away following.

But I also didnt say that they had better support that us!!!

Yid4life who posts on here said they've had 8 Europa campaigns in the last 9yrs be interesting to see if we were as keen after a similar run!

Bolton took over 3000 to Plovdiv in Bulgaria.

If they stayed in the EL for the next 5 years, this crowd would drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.