Joel Robles

Status
Not open for further replies.

A few observations:

1) He's done a very good job for us with the odd mistake which is normal.
2) He seems to have a good relationship with the players in front of him.
3) His decision making for the most part doesn't scare me and he exudes confidence.
4) He's made some monster saves this season and is racking up the clean sheets.

and lastly...

5) He's not the Tim Howard of the past few years with star jumps and poor decisions leading to goals.

Joel has a good relationship with the ball boys behind the Park End goal.

He's always telling them to slow it down if it's an opposition corner to allow defensive shape to get in place.

Love a snide and he is one.

Love how he held out the ball to Markovic at the Street End for a corner and then threw it away when the RS git went to take it. Proper wound him up and made the fans laugh, was great.

How many clean sheets for him this year? He seems to be tallying up quite a few for a average keeper in many people's minds. I think he is a gem in the rough and gaining traction in convincing the coaching staff he isn't a flash in the pan. He has won me over after replacing Stekki.

C7RtEy0X0AAJ2Ra.jpg

I must admit, I have been pleasantly surprised with Joel these last 12 months or so. Nowhere did he show prior to getting his chance he could actually play regularly at this level. I'm now of the mind GK isn't an absolute must in the summer. If we can upgrade without breaking the bank, fine. If not, and we roll into next season with Joel/Stek, we could do a lot worse than that.

2 things:
1. He is an absolute beast at coming and grabbing crosses. Can't remember the last keeper we had who was good at that.
2. He deserves the rest of the season to prove he can be number 1. I do remember him deputising for Howard in RM's first season and commenting that he was the worst keeper I've ever seen. He is changing my mind though.

Status
Not open for further replies.