Joel Robles

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes and no, he started to come out for it which was a mistake, he realised he wasn't going to make it so went back and williams was left stranded. Williams should have launched it into the stands though, no messing.

Williams should of headed it after the first bounce. He let it drop twice then didn't get enough momentum behind it. No way was Robles at fault.

Not really but if his very presence gives the lids in front of him the same re-assurance he gives me sitting in the Bullens then he is doing plenty ;)

I don't disagree mate. That said some on here would say the lot of our defenders are suspect. Robles isn't good enough. Williams the same. Jags is past it. Funes Mori might be the worst defender in the league, Coleman is rubbish at defending, and Baines was only decent at it but is now in decline.

Holgate seemingly is the only half decent defender we have on GOT.

Somehow we're doing alright in spite of how terrible the players are...I reckon Joel having F all to do in several of our games might say otherwise of the defenders as a whole.

Boss DM's do make things easier like. Gana alone does loads of work eliminating danger.

9 clean sheets in 14 games is remarkable, no matter what you think of Joel. He's been a passenger for some of those games for sure but I can't recall us ever having such a hot streak of shutouts in recent times.
that's extremely American.

Williams should of headed it after the first bounce. He let it drop twice then didn't get enough momentum behind it. No way was Robles at fault.

I agree with you here, mate.

It's hard to judge Joel for that because what's he meant to do? Williams is level with the ball for a good 4 seconds or so and he lets it keep bouncing and just doesn't do anything really except muster an underhit header. If Robles rushes to the edge of the box then it's risky, if he stays on his line it's risky.

If Williams just cleared it ASAP there would be no issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.