Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.

dixie7

Player Valuation: £6m
30 years old now would you rather cash him in now lets say 10m or keep him for 3-4 more years and then release him on a free.
this is probably the last time we can get any sort of decent money for him, no one will pay good money for a 31 year old CB next season.

I'd rather we kept him for this season, performances like his against United are what we need, we don't need to sell anyone right now and to have four good choices at CB can only be a good thing for us

Well he doesn't have the pace of 34-year-old Distin, nor does he have Distin's amazing physical presence.

However he reads the game well, is English, passionate about the club and a decent defender. He was inspirational against United, but over the past two seasons I can probably count his 'inspirational' games on one hand.

10m and I'd drive him out myself, because it would be a great fee for a good but not amazing defender and we could end up a better squad by buying two players to improve it.

Heitinga offers more as an all-round defender imo, and is younger.

Obviously in an ideal world we wouldn't need to constantly keep selling our better players.

How can you even ask that question after watching him back to his fantastic best on Monday?

because we need to think about these things to stay 1 step ahead and ensure we have funds for the coming seasons
hibbert, jags distin neville osman pienaar howard will probably all play here well into their 30's meaning we will get little/no fee for them

this season rodwell was sacrificed next season will probably be hetinga while we can still get a decent fee for him, its not ideal but thats the way we have to think

the problem of keeping players past their best is the no one offers big money for them cahill and yobo were sold for 3m had we sold them 2 years earlier we would be looking at 10-12m

The thing we have to ask ourselves are we football fans or business fans?

A business fan would say get rid but a football fan would surely say keep, especially after the performance on Monday night. I have decided to go about football like I did when I was a kid. No point in worrying who may go or stay but it rather all about seeing 11 lads in royal blue playing football whatever their name may be.

The thing we have to ask ourselves are we football fans or business fans?

A business fan would say get rid but a football fan would surely say keep, especially after the performance on Monday night. I have decided to go about football like I did when I was a kid. No point in worrying who may go or stay but it rather all about seeing 11 lads in royal blue playing football whatever their name may be.

As a football fan, I hated watching us sell Arteta while keeping a past it disinterested Saha because we'd turned down an 8million bid for him at his peak.

Good managers sell players while they are still playing very well and before they start stinking the place up. Selling players isn't always a business orientated view.

As a football fan, I hated watching us sell Arteta while keeping a past it disinterested Saha because we'd turned down an 8million bid for him at his peak.

Good managers sell players while they are still playing very well and before they start stinking the place up. Selling players isn't always a business orientated view.

True,

But I am wanting to look at the team as it is now and not start worrying unnecessarily about players going. Of course I was upset at Arteta going and will be if Jags or Fell goes but new players will come in so for me there is no point in discussing if it would be wise to sell this player or that player without any real justification behind it apart from financial reasons.

Just the way I want to follow football again, very hard in modern football and the internet, etc.

True,

But I am wanting to look at the team as it is now and not start worrying unnecessarily about players going. Of course I was upset at Arteta going and will be if Jags or Fell goes but new players will come in so for me there is no point in discussing if it would be wise to sell this player or that player without any real justification behind it apart from financial reasons.

Just the way I want to follow football again, very hard in modern football and the internet, etc.

Probably in the wrong thread then, to be honest mate.

He's one of the best Centre halves in the prem and one of our best players, IF we sold him now for 10 million then there are two outcomes,(a) the 10 million disappears into a black hole and we get Matthew Upson on loan, (b) We are given the money to replace him but would have to spend all the money to get someone of near the same quality (Michael Dawson for 9 mil anyone)

Either way if we sell him we are weakening our team

If we were going to do this kind of thing it would have to be done early in the summer.. you don't, or shouldn't suddenly decide to sell a key player 7 days before the end of the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.