Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like any other key player, keep him unless we're offered a ridiculous price or he's near the end of contract with little hope of extending it.

I find threads like this embarrassing- we need to build a squad not just sell people all the time.

I suppose it's what we all do though with the current ownership as we know we have to sell to buy

Quote from a Phil Jagielka interview he's done after today's match (@EPLStuff):

"You only get one career. I could be a lot richer playing for someone else but I love it here at Everton. I enjoy it here."

;)

why sell jags is quality plus hes only 30 at least another 2 to 3 good seasons left in him plus hes our next captain once nev joins the coaching staff

30 years old now would you rather cash him in now lets say 10m or keep him for 3-4 more years and then release him on a free.
this is probably the last time we can get any sort of decent money for him, no one will pay good money for a 31 year old CB next season.

For me, jagielka has been brilliant for us from day one. He's a great defender, got good pace, and talks to others on the pitch. I'd have him every time over Heitinga, who is more of an individual when it comes to defending. Neville will need dropping from this everton side soon, and Jagielka would be my 1st choice as captain.

Our three CB's in Jags, Distin, & Heitinga are, in my opinion, in the top five of CB's groups in the league.

I think people might have underestimated how much his cruciate injury may have affected his performances last season and the season before since even 15 years ago it was probably a career ending injury so we might have been a little harsh on his performances when he wasn't completely at the races fitness wise. Now though I reckon he's past all that and it looks like he's getting back to the form he was in that made us think he was possibly the best centre half in the league. Either way I'd rather keep hold of him than sell him since he's still got plenty of time left at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.