Injury updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

...I've said it before, our record at getting injured players back is woeful. The strategy comes from the club Doctor, ours is retiring and we are promoting within. Its a key role in the club, be innovative and recruit from outside otherwise we'll have more of the same.

...I've said it before, our record at getting injured players back is woeful. The strategy comes from the club Doctor, ours is retiring and we are promoting within. Its a key role in the club, be innovative and recruit from outside otherwise we'll have more of the same.
I've always thought this club's record at getting players back was down to the threadbare nature of the core of players capable of making it into the first team. Under those circumstances, if a player has been one of that core group they'll be playing through niggling injuries and/or rushed back in asap. In fact, this was the rationale behind the so called 'prehabilitation' method of training brought in by Moyes: to stretch the number of possible games for a small squad by minimizing contact in training and maximizing gym work.

If you're players are playing consistently, without periods of rest or rotation (unless they're injured), then they'll get inured more often. Then when they do get injured, we still try to play them or bring them back prematurely to fill the team sheet.

No wonder we have a bad injury record. As our squad quantity builds, hopefully our injury rates will decline.

Eto'o though?
PhysioRoom don't seem to know anything about an injury to Eto'o - perhaps they haven't been informed or the rumours might just be people jumping to conclusions given he missed the Stoke "friendly".

They have Kone & Oviedo return date 17th Oct, although guess we might see both as late subs before that if their recovery continues on course.

They have listed Piennar & Lukaku return dates as 12Sept but in their notes think WBA might be a bit early for Stevie & Lukaku doubtful.

Barkley no return date - was injured on the 15th Aug and RM said at least 6-8 weeks so not going to see him this month.

They don't have Gibson listed - probably because he is physically fit just not match fit after such a long layoff.

I've always thought this club's record at getting players back was down to the threadbare nature of the core of players capable of making it into the first team. Under those circumstances, if a player has been one of that core group they'll be playing through niggling injuries and/or rushed back in asap. In fact, this was the rationale behind the so called 'prehabilitation' method of training brought in by Moyes: to stretch the number of possible games for a small squad by minimizing contact in training and maximizing gym work.

..I reckon our problem is not preventative. Its not about non-contact, that's inevitable in training. Our record of getting players back is awful yet we do nothing about it. There is a remedy - get a new club doctor who lives in this century. Its not a job for the boys. When players are on £50k per week we need to get them back and available.

PhysioRoom don't seem to know anything about an injury to Eto'o - perhaps they haven't been informed or the rumours might just be people jumping to conclusions given he missed the Stoke "friendly".

They have Kone & Oviedo return date 17th Oct, although guess we might see both as late subs before that if their recovery continues on course.

They have listed Piennar & Lukaku return dates as 12Sept but in their notes think WBA might be a bit early for Stevie & Lukaku doubtful.

Barkley no return date - was injured on the 15th Aug and RM said at least 6-8 weeks so not going to see him this month.

They don't have Gibson listed - probably because he is physically fit just not match fit after such a long layoff.
As long as Eto's available for the Derby to get on the scoresheet, that's my concern.

..I reckon our problem is not preventative. Its not about non-contact, that's inevitable in training. Our record of getting players back is awful yet we do nothing about it. There is a remedy - get a new club doctor who lives in this century. Its not a job for the boys. When players are on £50k per week we need to get them back and available.
I agree. IIRC Irving took over from his dad as the club doctor?

As long as Eto's available for the Derby to get on the scoresheet, that's my concern.
Personally more concerned about the Europa games, Eto'o experience will be very useful.

Horrible as it is, we have lost at Anfield before and had a good season. The Europa could well be our best chance of getting into the CL this year plus winning some much needed silverware.

Status
Not open for further replies.