Injury updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I did mate to be fair.
Answer the questions old boy:

If/when he does return, he'll be behind Lukaku and Naismith in the pecking order: how much are we prepared to shell out in wages to keep hold of an aging, injury-prone, third choice striker, and how far are we prepared to stall the development of younger players like McAleny and Long in the process?

So to clarify.

Barkley has a grade 3 tear?

And Kone's knee disintegrated into a hundred different pieces.

You often are pal.

I said it was a tear and then when asked I clarified that he said it was a partial tear but a tear is a tear.

Ok so I misread or read the wrong website over what constitutes the grades of tears but my point still stands.

I fear they know it's longer but don't want to say until the window closes which is why Martinez has come out and said he's not giving running up dates on Ross and "we'll know more by the end of the week or more probably in about 10 days".

That might be because they want to use it as an excuse to not sign anyone or that they don't want to be rinsed when finding a replacement. Either makes sense. But either way I don't expect to see Barkley back before Christmas. If I'm wrong then fantastic.

Pal.

What I heard was.
Coleman 100% fit.
Gibson, fit but taking it slowly and building up the amount of football he plays. He will be used
at different times.Wouldn't be surprised to see him involved this weekend.

Kone,getting fit ,but maybe a month from playing.
Oviedo, still possibly two months from playing.
Barkley, not sure yet, won't be five months, but a minimum of seven weeks, somewhere in between and will probably have a very good idea of the timescale in about a week.

ConorSmith ‏@ConorSmith97 15m
What an experience playing against mirallas, besic, osman, gibson, atsu, coleman, alcaraz and the rest!
26bd.png

You're kidding, right? Right?

No? Well bless your heart.

I said that before I knew that a grade 2 where only some of the fibres are torn is also called a tear. Even grade one is called a tear apparently. We've been over that and I've accepted it's wrong.

But I don't see what the big deal is? It doesn't change anything that I got a medical definition wrong. The reason why I fear it's worse is the fact that they can't or won't be specific at this point and their estimates have gone up not down plus we're coming close to the end of the window.

I'm I not allowed to say I'm fearful that it will be longer. Is that breaking some code?

I said that before I knew that a grade 2 where only some of the fibres are torn is also called a tear. Even grade one is called a tear apparently. We've been over that and I've accepted it's wrong.

But I don't see what the big deal is? It doesn't change anything that I got a medical definition wrong. The reason why I fear it's worse is the fact that they can't or won't be specific at this point and their estimates have gone up not down plus we're coming close to the end of the window.

I'm I not allowed to say I'm fearful that it will be longer. Is that breaking some code?

More than likely due to swelling, no doubt another scan in the next few days should clear this up.

There is a grading system for a reason. Prognosis and recovery are quite different which is what we all care about with regard to Barkley so to say "a tear is a tear" is misleading.

Which would you prefer - a cut on your finger or the finger completely cut off?

Status
Not open for further replies.